Stockholm Card worth it for family with 5 kids?

I searched the boards for info about the Stockholm card but I realized that our situation my be different since we have 5 kids that can pay the child price for the Stockholm card. We are 2 adults and 5 kids and converted into USD, it is $66 per adult and $31 per child. We are on the NCL Sun in June and are docking at Frihamnam port. We want to go to Skansen (is this included in the card price?), Vasa and use the transportation.

Or, is it better to get a taxi (for saving time) and buy tickets for each individual place?

Our main goal is saving time getting there and not standing in line to buy tickets. We are only in Stockholm from 8:00 - 3:00 (which means we need to be back on board at 2:30)

The Visit Stockholm website should provide the information you need to calculate whether it is worth it or not, delivered in a very clear and detailed, orderly fashion, listing all the sites included and the regular admission prices for each. Skansen indeed is included in the Card. Also, you easily can check Skansen's and the Vasa's websites for any additional information you need; both are well done. I do not remember if the Vasa has a speed line for passholders; if so, that alone would make it worthwhile. Skansen did not have a speedline for cardholders when we were there for the Midsummer's Eve day (and it was a tidy wait on such a special holiday).

Seven cannot fit in a regular Stockholm taxi; taxis are scarce from Frihamnen, so you need to prearrange one; if you do, perhaps a larger one can be arranged. When we disembarked there last June from our cruise, we went past a line of at least 150 people waiting for one to our prearranged taxi. A bus route runs directly to and from where you plan to spend your time (or at least the bridge to Djurgarden where the Vasa and Skansen are) so probably it is worthwhile.

The Visit Stockholm website should provide the information you need to calculate whether it is worth it or not, delivered in a very clear and detailed, orderly fashion, listing all the sites included and the regular admission prices for each. Skansen indeed is included in the Card. Also, you easily can check Skansen's and the Vasa's websites for any additional information you need; both are well done. I do not remember if the Vasa has a speed line for passholders; if so, that alone would make it worthwhile. Skansen did not have a speedline for cardholders when we were there for the Midsummer's Eve day (and it was a tidy wait on such a special holiday).

Seven cannot fit in a regular Stockholm taxi; taxis are scarce from Frihamnen, so you need to prearrange one; if you do, perhaps a larger one can be arranged. When we disembarked there last June from our cruise, we went past a line of at least 150 people waiting for one to our prearranged taxi. A bus route runs directly to and from where you plan to spend your time (or at least the bridge to Djurgarden where the Vasa and Skansen are) so probably it is worthwhile.

You are so lucky you are not tendered at Nynashamn as we were last year! Though your time is shorter, most of the difference was spent getting back and forth to the boat.

Pam is right about prearranging a larger taxi to meet you at the pier. But beware of the "black Taxis" - gypsy taxis which rip you off. One of the locals did a thread on this last year.

As I recall there are three reputable ones - Taxi Stockholm, 202020, and Taxi Kurir? They will prebook, but check all three for prices as they vary greatly..

I would get to Vasa as soon as it opens and with the Stockholm Card, you just walk right in. When we got there before 9, the lines were not bad, but when we emerged at 10:30 there were huge lines and more tour buses than you could imagine.

We thought about Skansen, and I would have liked to go, but we did not. I think it makes most sense to do that next, but a local may have a better plan.

I would consider lunch in Gamla Stan, timing it so you can see the changing of the guard at the Palace which is adjacent to Gamla Stan.

Enjoy.

Archived