Los Angeles Area Cruisers

joeyanddavid

How far in advance to you book your cruise.  

18 members have voted

1. 1. How far in advance to you book your cruise.

• 30-90 days out. It seems I always book at the last minute
    • 91-180 days out
    • 181 to 1 year
    • as soon as they become avalable up to a year and a half in advance

2 guys from Burbank. One old (59) one not so old (41). Together for 18 years. 13 cruises under our belt. Princess, Disney, Cunard. I have to agree with Jerry and Kirk that Princess is a very comfortable line to cruise with.

We are on the Sept. 10 Transatlantic from London to New York on Celebrity. This will be our first time with Celebrity. Looking forward to the cruise.

Joe

Thanks for your imput Joe, I truely will give Princess that second look.. Very interested to hear about your upcomming cruise on the Oosterdam. (thats the ship that made us drop Holland America from our Cruise Options)

Just like you we are giving Celebrity a try we are booked on the Century 2/27/06 for the Carribean.

thanks again for your input.

PS you guys aint old!!:)

joey

Let's give credit where credit is due. Oppgard is going on the Oosterdam not us. We will be on the Constellation. Would you care to elaborate on Holland America. Princess is nice because it is, IMHO, California casual. It has lots of dining choices so you don't feel locked in. The ships are nice and the staff, for the most part, extrememly nice, at least to us.

Joe

Sorry about that Joe.

David and I just had a real bad expierence on the Oosterdam november 2004, everyone juts wanted to pass the buck no one wanted to take responsibility. a 3 page letter the the President didnt get a personal response but was delegated to another individule. I justwondered if they had gotten their act together. Problems like the spa being filthy after paying spa fee's , birthday cakes being delivered at the wrong place and time, Guest Relation Managers that gave us false information.. it was just a bad expierence. thats all

joey

Joe to clarify one point because i do Like to be fair..

Our first HAL cruise on the Ryndam was the reason we booked the Oosterdam.

So we did gea great expierence the frist time .. it was just the way we felt we were treated, thats the main reason we wont spend more money with them.. Funny thinking back all they had to do is warmly appologise.

With that in mind I will be looking forward to what others may say about thier expierences on the Oosterdamn now that its sailing out of southern california.

BTW were in a were ss stateroom

the best

joey:)

Thanks for the clarification. I'm not sure I would want to travel on them but for other reasons. We really like Cunard and Princess. We have traveled so much on Princess that we need a change for a while just because we know the ships backwards and forwards and part of the reason I like cruising is exploring the new ships. I really like the older ships and I'm really regreting not having been on the Norway before she was mothballed. My next trip I want to go on the QE2. One of the last older ships even though she is not that old. I've heard horror stories about her but I don't care.

Have a good evening.

Joe

ok,Togachisan I give up what are A @ E couples? Sometime i can be slow it took me almost 2 days to realize that FOD stood for "friends of Dorthy" LOL

Attractive and Educated?

American and European?

Always and Everywhere?

I just thought i would ask!

The best

joey

------------------------------------------

LOL! Excellent choices!

I'm 48 and my partner just turned 51. We've been together 22 years, and live in LA.

We were on the Ryndam over New Year's to the Mexican Riviera, our 14th cruise.

Last year we took the Mercury for New Year's, then the Radisson Seven Seas Navigator to Bermuda and the Paul Gauguin in Tahiti. Those Radisson ships are to die for!

Prior to that, we've taken the Norway to the Eastern Caribbean, the Century to the Western Caribbean, the old Westerdam to the Western Caribbean, the old Rotterdam to Alaska (our least favorite cruise experience), the Grandeur of the Seas to the Eastern Caribbean, the Rhapsody of the Seas to the Mexican Riviera, the Norweigan Sea to the Texaribbean (not so hot), the Maasdam to the Western Caribbean, the Grand Princess to the Eastern Caribbean and the Zuiderdam also to the Eastern Caribbean.

We've never done a gay cruise, but we've always managed to meet other gays on regular cruises.

We're thinking about doing the Mediterranean this fall, and either back to Mexico or the Caribbean over New Year's.

WE LOVE CRUISING!

Jeff and Carlos

thanks jeff and carlos ,

you guys really DO love to cruise.. David and I both loved the Ryndam, tell me about your perception of the Century.

the responses to my thread have been outstanding! for what ever reason I thank all that have responded.

the best

Joey

I'd love to meet you guys to share stories from "life at sea"! Count me in! Who knows, maybe one of these days we can all go on a cruise together!

newtocruiseIII: Hello...Long Beach here as well. Ocean Blvd, near cherry with a view of Queen Mary, Carnival Pride (on Sundays) and Carnival Paradise (on Monday and on Friday)

There is a large group of gay guys booked on the Queen Mary II, three day cruise from Los Angeles to Ensenada next February. Not a very long cruise, but gives us a chance to experience this new and magnificant ship.

Let me know if you want details, and I'll e-mail to you the information.

Male couple here (Greg & Roger)- been together 12 years now and we live in Montclair. We have been on 3 cruises and are about to embark on our 4th very soon- NCL Sea 7-day Western Caribbean cruise leaving on May 7th. I'm anxiously counting the days til we leave!!

Joey- sorry to hear about your bad experience on the Oosterdam. We cruised on the Maasdam & the Zuiderdam and had wonderful times. In fact, we had the best experience on the Zuiderdam last August. We met a lot of great people at the FOD meeting & the asst. cruise director who hosted the meeting was a riot! The crew & staff were fabulous on both HAL cruises and we felt totally comfortable in proudly expressing our gayness. We hope to try Princess, Celebrity & RCL in the future.

Roger

Thanks Roger, that was kind and welcome to this thread.. I know I know.. I maybe making too much about the Oosterdamn thing.. I tend to take things personally.. I just felt like the whole organazationchanged when they institued a gtd tip policy. just my opinion.. I may have to reconsider my ban on Carnival Inc. ( i want to do Europe and may have to go on Princess..

Anyway thanks for your kind words and the best to you both

joey

We've been on 15 cruises in the last 20 years, RCI being our favorite. Love to meet interesting people, gay or straight.

We met a great Auntie Mame-type lady on a cruise 15 years ago and she's become one of our closest friends.

Next cruise won't be until Jan '06 - thinking about the Star out of L.A. and doing the Mexican coast.

Glad to see so many local cruisers. Although both of our schedules are tight, we like meeting new friends. Our email is below.

Hobie, we'd be interested in some info on the QM II - Is it r/t ? Please email us at the address below with any info you may have. Thanks.

mrb2582@yahoo.com

Archived