Los Angeles Area Cruisers

joeyanddavid

How far in advance to you book your cruise.  

18 members have voted

1. 1. How far in advance to you book your cruise.

• 30-90 days out. It seems I always book at the last minute
    • 91-180 days out
    • 181 to 1 year
    • as soon as they become avalable up to a year and a half in advance

My partner is 41, I'm 47. We've been together a little over three years. Love to travel by cruise ship.

Our login name is a little deceiving. We sold our home in Malibu in February and live in Hermosa Beach now.

Hey fellas welcome aboard.. david and I are in Van Nuys check out our profile and join our group on Yahoo. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/GLFODSCC/

always

• 1 month later...

Hello Guys,

My partner and I live in Camarillo, CA. We got hooked on cruising in the last few years. We have been together for 16 years and have taken eight cruises in the last 3 years (Princess, Celebrity and HAL). We are taking a RSVP river cruise in two weeks (July 13, 2005) from Prague to Budapest. The idea of having a local group traveling together sounds wonderful.

Hello Guys,

My partner and I live in Camarillo, CA. We got hooked on cruising in the last few years. We have been together for 16 years and have taken eight cruises in the last 3 years (Princess, Celebrity and HAL). We are taking a RSVP river cruise in two weeks (July 13, 2005) from Prague to Budapest. The idea of having a local group traveling together sounds wonderful.

well guy hope u have a great time on ur cruise next week.

but about this thread...... like so many things in LA this thread never took off

Had the best time of our lives on the Zaandam to the inside passage of Alaska from Van Couver. The best food and service. Was very impressed with HAL and would want to go on their line again if possible. They really did spoil us and now we will not go on Norweign or Carnival again if we can plan something on HAL.

Sorry to hear that you can not get much action on this thread. I heard that Yahoo discontinued all chat rooms, does that include yours?

Daxx

Wow..Hello neighbor. We're not to far away. I'm on Ocean Blvd.

Hey, we were in your neck of the woods last weekend. We went rollerblading down the strand from Ripples to the tip of the marina across from the Hyatt. Then afterwards we drove over to the dome Cruise Terminal to wave for sailaway for Carnaval Pride.

• 2 weeks later...

Live in Sherman Oaks here. As you can see from below, I love cruising! :) Just finished up my 14th cruise and always on the look-out for other well-priced cruise ops. Half the time sail solo, the other times with friends (no BF here). Lucky to have a good agent who keeps her eyes open!

I have had one Atlantis "adventure"...honestly, it wasn't for me; too cliquish and a little too circuit-party-like for my personal tastes. Maybe it was just the particular time I happened to go; I have a buddy who did the Atlantis Hawaii cruise last year and he had a good time (of course, he also went with a group of his own friends, so that may have helped!).

Although I have tried other lines, I am a big fan of the Norwegian Cruise Lines.....LOVE the Freestyle concept! :D Works for me! I am one of those "when I am on vacation, I AM ON VACATION" guys! I don't feel the need to pack suits and ties when I am out on the ocean! ;) I know there are plenty of gay men who enjoy taking the tiara out of mothballs for the cruise....I like the kick-back life aboard ship! If I want to go somewhere and NCL goes there, book me! I just took two Celebrity cruises, both were very nice, but man it killed me to have to pack for those formal nights! I much prefer my biggest decision to be "will I wear shoes or flip-flops?" :D

Hi Frank,

FYI.....Personal Choice Dining is offered on most Princess ships, it's like Freestyle Dining on NCL....go when you want. If you don't want to dress up at dinner time (slacks and sport shirt on casual nights) and on formal nights in the main dining rooms, you can always go to the buffet and wear your flip flops and anything else you want. You should really consider Princess as a new option. We think they put out a good product, and they have always had FOD gatherings to make things a little more interesting. We've traveled with them on 18 cruises, so far, and several other lines as well.

J & K

PS. We live near Universal.....a stones throw away from you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello all!

My partner and I will be on the Nov 26 Sapphire Princess sailing to Mexico. Let us know if you'll be on board.

We love to cruise, but unfortunately our schedules don't allow us to do it nearly as much as we'd like!

We are 44 and 46, and live in West LA.

Michael and Marc here in Reseda, together 19 years. Just came back from cruising with Princess Cruises on the Diamond Princess. Having worked for them shoreshide previously as a temp for 3 years, I thought it was about time that we actually sample the product together. I had sailed on the Regal Princess as a single back in 1997 (Marc couldn't get off work) and was really looking forward to the Diamond. It didn't fail me.

We were actually with my parents, who were celebrating their 50th anniversay, and one of my sisters and her husband. Mom, dad, sis, and b-i-l were all first-time cruisers and Princess did everything right. Already chomping at the bit for the next one.

Hope to chat with y'all more!

Michael

Hey, guys. I'm 36 from Van Nuys. I've cruised twice before, both times on Carnival. I loved Carnival, so if the other lines are even better, I'll be pretty easy to please! I travelled with my sisters both times, and I'm planning a trip with my dad in February. However, I'm single, so it's harder to find "travelling companions" I want to cruise with...

I, too, have a difficult time finding travelling companions. It's hard to find people who are available to travel on the same dates, or are interested in the same itinerary, or even the same cruise lines. I had a "cruise friend" and we did 4 or 5 trips together, which was great, but then he started dating someone and I no longer had a cabin-mate. So I usually end up paying the single surcharge and get a cabin to myself. Not all cruise lines charge 200% - some are a bit less. Maybe this thread will help singles find traveling companions.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry...been away with personal stuff going on. Thanks J & K for info about Princess; I was not aware they had that option.

Several have pointed out to me in emails that you don't "have to" dress up on most cruises, you can always choose the buffet. For me, buffet is cool for lunch or a late-nite snack, but not really where I want to have dinner when I am on a cruise. So that is why Freestyle on NCL works for me...and now I have an excuse to check-out Princess! ;)

No immediate cruise trips in my upcoming plans, but I am finalizing my dream trip to Sydney for Mardi Gras in March 2006! Finally get to put those UAL miles to use! :D

If interested, email address is same as my screen-name, find me at AOL.com. Hope all you Valley guys are enjoying the Labor Day holidays!

Archived