Windstar's Future?

bahrain_not_dubai!

Okay, this might be a strange title, but I just read a review on Wind Star where the reviewer says there were 35 passengers aboard for a 14 night cruise. That to me does not sound either good or healthy.

I'm planning on booking the Wind Star this Summer for her 8 night Athens-Rome. I'm worried that if the ship's occupancy is that low Windstar, who have a storied history of financial trouble, won't be able to make it... are my worries completely unfounded?

I am really looking forward to sailing Windstar espically since I've seen the impressions for the Wind Star's new interiors, she looks wonderful.

Windstar's future appears to be excellent. The line was acquired last year by Xanterra, a 135 year old leader in the hospitality industry. With a stable financial future the company has already initiated an $18,000,000 investment designed to enhance its already stellar reputation. The only 14 day cruise segments, except for the "back to back" packages, are the trans-atlantic repositioning cruises which, occasionally may have intentionally limited passangers capacity do to refurbishment activities, a common practice among many cruise lines. We will be taking our 8th Windstar cruise next week, and look forward to many more. We are sure you will enjoy a great cruise experience!

I do know that our Wind Spirit cruise on Feb. 4 is sold out. As previous poster said, perhaps the review was for a transatlantic voyage.

I would also expect that the Athens-Rome itinerary would be very popular, so my only fear if I were thinking of booking would be that it would sell out if I waited too long.

The Wind Star transAtlantic will be worked on the whole trip and supposed to be done when they reach Barcelona, I would guess that's what they're talking about, I know I wouldn't want to hear hammers and other noises for 14 days, plus never knowing which area will be worked on.

Archived