Bon Voyage liquor price hike!

BooBooMonkey

I just ordered and nothing was mentioned about a price increase. I didn't ask. I needed to go ahead and order anyway as we are only 3 weeks out. But it sounded like my Rep had a long day. She was very friendly, just sounded ready to go home! :)

I order Patron Silver at 8:00am CST today for $70.00. I told the rep I heard a rumor prices are going up tomorrow and he confirmed it. I asked how much but he did not know. No matter, I was going to order some anyway so now it's done:D

That is funny, I Just spoke to the

Bon Voyage Dept. @ 3:05 pm EDT.

She said they do not know how that

rumor got started. Currently there is

no scheduled increase on any BV items.

Typical CCL Cust. Serv. The left hand dont know what the right hand is doing!!!!

sure, in comparison to NCL's prices, Carnival's Bon Voyage seems super cheap. In comparison to buying drinks individually at the bar, Bon Voyage seems super cheap. In comparison to how much liquor costs in Canada, Bon Voyage seems super cheap. But all that doesn't negate the fact that they're still, at minimum, doubling the prices. I get the need for profit, but does it really need to be 200+%?

It's just like cruise sponsored excursions. They are so ridiculously overpriced, that many folks are opting to go on their own or with local tour companies. Just cause something is found to be less money than somewhere else, doesn't make it acceptable.

Where is the 200 + % coming from. A Bottle of Absolute in Ohio is 28.00. Carnival is 40.00 That's less than a 50% difference.

If you do a normal 1 oz. shot that's 33 drinks. 33 x approx. 6.00 per = $192.00 JUST SAVED $152.00.

sure, in comparison to NCL's prices, Carnival's Bon Voyage seems super cheap. In comparison to buying drinks individually at the bar, Bon Voyage seems super cheap. In comparison to how much liquor costs in Canada, Bon Voyage seems super cheap. But all that doesn't negate the fact that they're still, at minimum, doubling the prices. I get the need for profit, but does it really need to be 200+%?

It's just like cruise sponsored excursions. They are so ridiculously overpriced, that many folks are opting to go on their own or with local tour companies. Just cause something is found to be less money than somewhere else, doesn't make it acceptable.

I get your point, but honestly I don't have a problem with what they are charging. I think it's pretty fair. We are lucky they even allow us to do this. They are helping us save a lot of money, but they still have to make a bit too since they will be losing out some what.

I just ordered for our Legend cruise and and the person I spoke with had not heard of any price increase,she laughed when I asked and said they had been told by people calling and ordering about the increase but had not heard anything official.

That is funny, I Just spoke to the

Bon Voyage Dept. @ 3:05 pm EDT.

She said they do not know how that

rumor got started. Currently there is

no scheduled increase on any BV items.

It's funny that the people who called early in the day seemed to have BV Department confirm the price increase and the people who called late in the day were told it wasn't true or a rumor. They were probably told to say that after they were inundated with phone calls all day. lol I had a good 15-20 minute wait this morning when I called.

Probably a stupid question, but if you have liquor left over that was ordered from Bon Voyage, can you take it off the ship with you after the cruise? Also, is it considered rude to take a glass of wine with you when you go to dinner in the MDR? TIA

Probably a stupid question, but if you have liquor left over that was ordered from Bon Voyage, can you take it off the ship with you after the cruise? Also, is it considered rude to take a glass of wine with you when you go to dinner in the MDR? TIA

From what I understand, left over liquor can't be brought off the ship (makes no sense to me) but yes, it is acceptable to bring a glass of wine with you to dinner. You can even bring a bottle with you, but they may charge a corking fee, but they never did with us. I brought a glass to dinner on a couple of nights, as well as I brought a bottle of wine with us the last night to the piano bar and our great server Evelyn brought out an ice bucket for us to put it in. We still bought cocktails from her (my husband does not like wine) but I brought it to share with the two girls we had met on the cruise to celebrate our last night together.

From what I understand, left over liquor can't be brought off the ship (makes no sense to me) but yes, it is acceptable to bring a glass of wine with you to dinner. You can even bring a bottle with you, but they may charge a corking fee, but they never did with us. I brought a glass to dinner on a couple of nights, as well as I brought a bottle of wine with us the last night to the piano bar and our great server Evelyn brought out an ice bucket for us to put it in. We still bought cocktails from her (my husband does not like wine) but I brought it to share with the two girls we had met on the cruise to celebrate our last night together.

Thanks for the response. Now wishing I hadn't ordered the bottle of Malibu. Oh well, fruity drinks for me for 8 days!:D

Thanks for the response. Now wishing I hadn't ordered the bottle of Malibu. Oh well, fruity drinks for me for 8 days!:D

Look at it this way, I'm sure our cabin stewards will be happy to finish off anything we leave behind!! My husband and I ordered a bottle of Appleton Estate rum and for the two of us for a week, one bottle (along with 2 bottles of wine) should be just enough :)

Their prices are absurd. No wonder smuggling happens.

It would be really intersting to see how much their bottom line would change if they REDUCED prices by 25%....they would make less on each sale, but at $30 / bottle for vodka or rum, I bet very few people would take the time or effort with Rum Runners....I know I would just buy from them at REASONABLE prices.

I bet they would make MORE by charging LESS and getting LOTS more sales.

Same goes for drinks at the bar.

Especially since liquor in all these cruise ports costs them about HALF as much as in the US to begin with.

I have been told you are allowed to bring home any left over BV alcohol that you purchased.

It would be really intersting to see how much their bottom line would change if they REDUCED prices by 25%....they would make less on each sale, but at $30 / bottle for vodka or rum, I bet very few people would take the time or effort with Rum Runners....I know I would just buy from them at REASONABLE prices.

I bet they would make MORE by charging LESS and getting LOTS more sales.

Same goes for drinks at the bar.

I agree completely. I know that even with the alcohol we buy from Bon Voyage, we still buy drinks from the bar. I think that by reducing the BV cost, they would better their chances of less people trying to smuggle alcohol on board. Me personally, I've never understood the whole smuggling issue, but that's just me. Two bottles of alcohol is $80. If that's breaking your budget, maybe you should be taking a cheaper vacation.

Yes you can take it off the ship, you paid for it. No problem with taking the glass to the dining room. They allow you to bring one 750ml bottle of wine per person onboard in your carryon luggage.

Dave

I doubt they will raise the price to the level that NCL is charging. :eek:

Bourbon/Whiskey

Seagram's 7 Crown

$83

1 Ltr

Jack Daniel's Black

$103

1 Ltr

Crown Royal Special Reserve

$103

750 Ml