Bon Voyage liquor price hike!

BooBooMonkey

Issue:

-Originally I was a smuggler (4-8 bottles per cruise depending on group size)

-Then I went clean ;) and bought through Bon Voyage

-Now if prices go up to $65-$90 per bottle I might be inclined to go to Rum Runners.

-I don't want to go that route, but it may be worth a shot.....

Also, I normally have a $700-$1,000 bar bill regardless so this isn't all that I am drinking.....

I just purchased a bottle of Crown Royal for $55.00 - after taxes it was $58.30 for my April 29th cruise. The rep told me the prices were supposed to go up on Tuesday but they haven't been given any official notification. He also stated that they have been slammed with orders this morning.

I just ordered a bottle of Bacardi Limon for my 6/18 cruise. It was still $40. The person pretty much ignored my question of price increases coming. I was however, on hold for about 5 minutes before getting thru, so I guess alot of people are ordering today.

Just ordered for our March cruise & the rep I spoke to said she has been extra busy all day with orders but she did not know of an increse happening tomorrow. She said the only place she has been hearing it from is from the callers. Glad I bought it anyway now so I won't forget in the weeks to come.

That is funny, I Just spoke to the

Bon Voyage Dept. @ 3:05 pm EDT.

She said they do not know how that

rumor got started. Currently there is

no scheduled increase on any BV items.

Just ordered for our cruise in June and it was confirmed by the agent that there is going to be a price hike.

I just placed my order at 2:20pm central time. I've got two sailings coming up in 2012 and bought my liquor for both trips. The Absolute Vodka does not have tax for me in Texas, it was $40 for one bottle and $80 for two for the second sailing. Easy to order, but had to wait on hold before someone picked up for a few minutes. They will let you split the cost between cards so that's nice. I didn't add any mixers as we'll be bringing on our own. So now they can do whatever they want with the prices since I'm covered for the only two trips I have booked so far.

I too called @ 3:45et edt and got the same answer. I was planning on purchasing some alcohol anyway (not so soon) but, figured while I was on the phone I would place my order anyway.

I too called @ 3:45et edt and got the same answer. I was planning on purchasing some alcohol anyway (not so soon) but, figured while I was on the phone I would place my order anyway.

I got a similar answer. She said that she has not heard any such thing, but maybe we know more than she does. ;)

Not sure how far ahead they let you order but... I just placed an order for our April 13 sailing that is 70+ days out. Also found out that there is a limit of 4 bottles per cabin. I ordered four. Sounds like a lot but this is a two week cruise. Just an FYI.

LOL! I ordered today for the same cruise - I was told a 4 bottle limit also. There is just the 2 of us in the cabin. I thought it sounded like a lot too but 10 sea days...and we ARE on vacation.

I ordered mine at 9 am this morning and the agent told me that I was lucky for ordering it today because it is going up in price. She said a bottle of Absolute vodka that costs $40 will be going up to $60.

Not sure if it is going up or not but why would she say it was.

Oh well, I have mine bought. :D

I was also personally told today when I ordered that price increase were coming "very shortly" and she said that the two bottles I ordered were going up between 25%-35%. She would not give me any specific price increases nor would she say that it was happening tomorrow.

It seems that many of the people who have ordered through Bon Voyage today have been told that price increases were either coming tomorrow or shortly. Only a few said the person they talked to had no information on it and no one has said there is definitely no price changes coming.

No guarantee, but it looks pretty promising a price increase is coming ...shortly.

Here are the current prices for Bon Voyage:

http://www.*****/Carnival/alcohol.html

I will update it as soon as (or if) the price changes come.

Archived