Help me decide on hotel in Port Canaveral.

maggieworkman

Thanks for car info. Maggie,

Guess I will call Budget because they won't take the return I put in on their site. Since I am staying at the Radisson I want the closest return in Port Canaveral.

your probably putting in Port Canaveral as a drop off, you have to put in Cape Canaveral :)

ok since we were talking about rental cars, we're also looking to book one through Budget. In my 44 yrs I've never rented a car, just alway's had other transportation worked out. Anyway, I was on the site, choose the van, then it came up with all these other options

protectionsLoss Damage Waiver (LDW) 22.99 /day Supplemental Liability (SLI) 11.95 /day Personal Accident and Effects (PAE) 4.95 /day Personal Effects Protection (PEP) 4.00 /day

Not trying to sound dumb here but we've never rented a car. So do I need any of these? sure make the price high then. We have great insurance at home if that makes a difference. Also does anyone have a coupon code?

thanks

PlanningToCruise,

Check with your insurance company. You may already be covered:) . When I rent a car, never take any of these options. also check with your credit card company and see they may cover some additional insurance for you as well. Way back my Amex covered me whenever I rented a car using Amex card. Good luck..

One thing you may want to ask your insurance agent is if you have coverage for the time the rental car will be not making the rental car company money if you wreck it. For example if you wreck the rental, you or your insurance will pay that, but if the rental is in the shop for say 2 weeks getting repaired the rental company can sue for the lost revenue the car did not make for those 2 weeks. We have a rider on our policy for this and the man at the Budget counter thought I was crazy when I told him I have this. Alot of people have it and don't realize it. Another tip is to check your rental for damage before you leave the rental car facility and note it on the paperwork and have an employee sign and date it. If you are renting through Budget, sign up for Fast Break. We flew into Orlando and the line was long. If I had signed up for Fast Break before renting via the internet I could have walked straight to the garage and picked up my keys from the agent inside, skipping the 45 minute wait inside the airport terminal.

Also, if your personal insurance doesn't cover it, check with your credit cards, some will cover you as well. But check to see if they cover damage and loss. I know with my cards I'd be fine if I totaled it, but not fine if someone stole it. Luckily, my personal auto insurance has me covered. :)

Radisson is always wonderful.

We have stayed several time. Nice everything.

No I don't own it or own any stock.

The mangaement are wonderful. Shuttle very timely. Sign up when you get to the hotel.

McDonald's right in front of it for people not wanting to eat at restaurant.

We left the car and no problem. Would definitely stay there again.

Janie

American Express offers a supplemental coverage for car rentals in conjunction with your AMEX card. We pay $19 total every time we rent a car and all that supplemental stuff is covered. You sign up once, thru AMEX and as long as you use your card to pay for the rental they automatically bill you for the charge and you're all set. Since we usuallly rent for a week while on vacation it is well worth it, at less than $3 a day.

So, thanks to all the info. here I have booked Budget car to port and back to Orlando.

And I have booked the Radisson.

What time do people usually head over to the ship?

Okay I got another ? for you. Quality Suites about 2 miles from the Radison in Cocoa has the cruise and park thing going on, rooms $99 a night with free parking.:cool: Now the parking is at the Radison so you have to load the car back up in the morning and drive to the Rad to catch the shuttle, not a biggie. The ? is how are the shuttle rides back after the cruise? Easy to find, run regular, easy loading?

PlanningToCruise,

Check with your insurance company. You may already be covered:) . When I rent a car, never take any of these options. also check with your credit card company and see they may cover some additional insurance for you as well. Way back my Amex covered me whenever I rented a car using Amex card. Good luck..

Thanks, I had checked with my insurance company as I was sure we were covered and sure enough, no worries. thanks

Okay I got another ? for you. Quality Suites about 2 miles from the Radison in Cocoa has the cruise and park thing going on, rooms $99 a night with free parking.:cool: Now the parking is at the Radison so you have to load the car back up in the morning and drive to the Rad to catch the shuttle, not a biggie. The ? is how are the shuttle rides back after the cruise? Easy to find, run regular, easy loading?
I may be wrong but I "think" that they only have cruise/park and free shuttle if your staying at the Radison.

If you are renting through Budget, sign up for Fast Break. We flew into Orlando and the line was long. If I had signed up for Fast Break before renting via the internet I could have walked straight to the garage and picked up my keys from the agent inside, skipping the 45 minute wait inside the airport terminal.

ok what is this fast break?? please explain so we do it, anything to save time, lol thanks

Fastbreak is where you sign up on Budgets website ahead of time with all your information license, insurance and you skip the counter inside the airport terminal. You go outside across the street to a parking garage upstairs where Budget has its cars and you just walk up to the window, give them your info and pick up your keys. Without Fastbreak you wait in line in the terminal then go across the street to the parking garage. The lines can be very long inside the terminal.

By the way Quality Suites is affiliated with Radisson and if you stay at Quality Suites and have park and cruise, you will park at the Radisson anyway.

I signed up for the Fastbreak with Budget and it was great. In Orlando, you get your luggage and just go across the street to the kiosk and pick up your car. If you are not a Fastbreak member, you have to stand in the Budget line at the airport which was very long. I was very pleased with Budget and would rent a car from them again. Great drop off location in Cocoa Beach as well.

I may be wrong but I "think" that they only have cruise/park and free shuttle if your staying at the Radison.

On the phone the desk said they were connected with the Radison and the parking lot. You just had to drive the 2 miles to the lot form the Quality. I'll do a double check to make sure.

Randy

Fastbreak is where you sign up on Budgets website ahead of time with all your information license, insurance and you skip the counter inside the airport terminal. You go outside across the street to a parking garage upstairs where Budget has its cars and you just walk up to the window, give them your info and pick up your keys. Without Fastbreak you wait in line in the terminal then go across the street to the parking garage. The lines can be very long inside the terminal.

By the way Quality Suites is affiliated with Radisson and if you stay at Quality Suites and have park and cruise, you will park at the Radisson anyway.

thanks so much for the info, I'm all signed up with Fastbreak:)

wonderful, I didn't realize quality was affiliated w/ the Rad

One more thing about Quality Suites - We stayed there 2 years ago and it was very clean and the rooms are very large for a hotel. Another perk is Quality Suites is on 1/2 block from the ocean - a very easy walk past a few condos whereas you can't walk to the beach very easily from the Radisson.

Archived