Non-Cyclical Cruise Entertainment?

bahrain_not_dubai!

I am hesitating about MSC due to one major thing- the cyclical cruise itineraries. For example, the cruise I'm looking at on the Divina, starts in Venice and picks people up in Bari- how does this work? If you board in Venice, where is the start of the cruise, with the welcome aboard, etc. ? HOw does the entertainment work, is it as if you have joined a big ferry? On every cruise I have been on there is a start and end- I don't want to join what really is just a large ferry with people half way through their cruise.

If anyone has tried the Med voyages, how does this work ?

If you are going to be starting in Venice which is the main embarkation port, then it will work just like any normal cruise. You will have your welcome party/gala dinner on the second night and your farewell one near the end of the cruise.

The only difference is that you will see smaller numbers of passengers leaving and joining at other ports, so will see suitcases out in the halls most nights.

If you embark at another port, you may well have it all tipsy turvy, with the farewell dinner before the welcome one!

They tend to seat passengers together that speak the same language and are on the same cycle, so you don't have your table companions constantly changing.

I'd say the main differences if you don't get on at the main port, are the mixed sequence for the evening shows and dinners.

Aside from that, most of the other changes are not so visible - things will either be customised for your cruise, or more generic.

When we did our Canary Island cruise with Thomson passengers were getting on and off at other ports but didn't notice anything different and only knew about this as a work colleague of hubby's turned up one day and said they had just joined the cruise at Funchal.

Archived