Costa Concordia SINKING!

cruiserfanfromct

We need you back at the table. Daveyjones is giving me a difficult time:( and I'm hoping that Charlie will get back on board and post about external monitoring of the bridge to take the heat off me.

Next we'll see a photoshopped pic of Milaandra and myself and that will send Daveyjones into a real spin:D

Shhh.....Im on to my contacts in the Media world giving them a good story about a Ex-Canuk living in Lothian & Borders and a Bondi Kangaroo breeding maitre de throwing caution to the wind and starting a croc farm.......Its got the makings of a money spinner !!! Buzz is that they are going to make a film on it too......'Crocs on the barbie' All we need is a piccy of you and Milaandra sharing a tinnie or two lol

rgds

:):):)

Gee--isn't it amazing what people can do with Photoshop!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQPNKNkMHRmjAQcCb__DyXbr9Kkvlss1UNchUdKd-iuXtrLgu6y5g

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTbIm4bwFC57HovKw9EK_gUXfnmO6x07NIlTPg8nui_9iPHR6OOog

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSLcvnKOyRlbqM3OLqia0-gUfyqLAm-u2OSQze61WptfrE23dm4RQ

:eek:

Thanks for the thoughts about the altering of photos, including one's that may or may not be true, as the author comes and goes at his own whim. ie........I asked him to substantiate the pictures, and he just goes away.

The truth will come out in the trial, and when the black box indicates the speed that he hit the shoals, not because he was distracted, not that he was a "great" captain...........but the facts of the trial will bear out...exactly where he was when his ship hit the rock!

Frankly, I don't care if he was in the Men's room (there is one on the bridge), or having moved the quartermaster aside (highly unlikely) to steer a course that put his ship on the rocks...........and the distractions are BS.

Why......because do you know how long it takes a ship of that tonnage and size to respond to a command?

You tell me! I know, but unless you are correct........I won't tell you!

I like the facts presented. Someone here does not. So what??

What I want to know is how the salvage company is coming with pumping out the oil left in the bunkers. This ship is starting to show signs of starting to come apart........in certain areas.

Let's let the facts of the salvage, and the court proceedings play a major role in this thread.

Sorry if you don't like my style. I'm trying to lay out the scenario, as I see it.....factually.

Rick

He was simply up to no good....

You may be right. Or maybe he was being (dare I say it!) nice? Or enjoying the company?

I got married late, so I remember the vows. There wasn't anything in there about avoiding contact with half the population because of their gender! I'm afraid that would have been a deal-breaker for me.

I might have a different prospective because I've always had male friends. In fact, I was the best man at my buddy's wedding a few years ago. (I wore some killer high heels with my tuxedo...)

Shhh.....Im on to my contacts in the Media world giving them a good story about a Ex-Canuk living in Lothian & Borders and a Bondi Kangaroo breeding maitre de throwing caution to the wind and starting a croc farm.......Its got the makings of a money spinner !!! Buzz is that they are going to make a film on it too......'Crocs on the barbie' All we need is a piccy of you and Milaandra sharing a tinnie or two lol

rgds

:):):)

The script writers would have to pretty good 'cause you know how Milaandra loves to get accurate transcripts. Then if it were reported in English speaking media, the Italian readers would translate it via google translator and that could put a different spin on it all.

Who amongst the regular posters to this thread would play the main roles? Good luck to anyone who puts their name forward to play Domnica...I fear many would be putting themselves forward to be the judge, closely followed by those wanting to be the hangman (no need for a jury as his guilt has already been determined by so many:o)

Wardrobe for the female lead would be easy as 'apparently' she left behind sooo much.

Charlie (one of the regular poster) would be a walk up start for technical supervisor... he could get head office to do that remotely:rolleyes:

Set photographer?.. coud be anyone who can use photoshop, that way if the stars aren't on set, we can just add them to suit the story.

Audio ....someone with a very loud and cranky voice could play the Coast Guard guy.

Extras, the passengers... unfortunately there are many many innocent extras who I guess would never want to play that role again.

Next we'll see a photoshopped pic of Milaandra and myself and that will send Daveyjones into a real spin:D

Thanks for showing me the first mock-up, but I don't think it looked very convincing. I guess it's my fault for sending you that photo of me at Mount Rushmore...

Oz, sweetie, I'm the one wearing lipstick... :D

You may be right. Or maybe he was being (dare I say it!) nice? Or enjoying the company?

I got married late, so I remember the vows. There wasn't anything in there about avoiding contact with half the population because of their gender! I'm afraid that would have been a deal-breaker for me.

I might have a different prospective because I've always had male friends. In fact, I was the best man at my buddy's wedding a few years ago. (I wore some killer high heels with my tuxedo...)

I know this will get some response from Daveyjones:confused: but I like your view on THE relationship. I have many female friends both married and single and enjoy their company very much. I find it distressing when others read into it anything other friendship.

In a broader view if we want all in the world to get along (which would be nice) why do we find it difficult to accept different genders getting along without the sexual innuendo.:rolleyes:

I got married late, so I remember the vows. There wasn't anything in there about avoiding contact with half the population because of their gender! I'm afraid that would have been a deal-breaker for me)

Crazy logic again, Millandra. Crazy to say that because one individual's infatuation led to a disaster that 'normal' professional working relationships with the opposite gender cannot be achievd by most others! (Appreciating,of course, he wasn't actually 'working' with Miss Moldovia at the time.)

I hope you're right about that. His wife is certainly not defending him like she was last week. Tomorrow more photos of Schettino and Domnica are to be published. We'll just have to wait and see.....

More likely, the household is quiet because Schettino is lying on the kitchen floor with his head caved in and a discarded rolling pin by his side. I wonder who done it! :D

Crazy logic again, Millandra. Crazy to say that because one individual's infatuation led to a disaster that 'normal' professional working relationships with the opposite gender cannot be achievd by most others! (Appreciating,of course, he wasn't actually 'working' with Miss Moldovia at the time.)

Well, my comments were in response to CruisingMouse, who suggested that Schettino was up to no good with Cemorton and that he shouldn't have been socializing with her because he was married. My take on it is that I don't assume that sex or sexual desire is involved in every contact between the genders, and I don't think the matrimonial state requires an enforced separation of the sexes.

Look at the way you have phrased your comment. You state it like fact. "...because one individual's infactuation led to a disaster..." What is your evidence on either the alleged infactuation or that it led to a disaster? You and I know that there is no evidence...at least at this point. So you are making assumptions. And why are you making those assumptions?

Isn't Schettino supposed to have said to the investigators that "He intends to turn over a new leaf & not go on ships any more"?

Anyone like to speculate on what he meant by 'turning over a new leaf', especially if it was unconnected with steering ships on the correct bearing, since he intended 'not to go on ships anymore'?

my take on it is that i don't assume that sex or sexual desire is involved in every contact between the genders,

great! We're in the same club! Unfortunately, you keep insinuating that anyone that thinks schettino ws unduly distracted by miss moldovia must think that and you are wrong!

And i don't think the matrimonial state requires an enforced separation of the sexes.

Does anyone?!! Why do you try to project this implied belief on to others who clearly do not think that way?!

You are making assumptions. And why are you making those assumptions?

Of course, ....many (all?) posters make assumptions... The ones you make are often absurd, millandra!

You are going to be very late to the party at this rate, millandra, though i think you have now accepted the possibility that distraction is a more likely cause than mechanical failure? You still seem to find it hard to consider the possibility that miss moldovia was by far the greatest distraction. We shall see in due time.

I do agree that once you're married, it's still ok to have friends of the opposite sex.

However, I think it is highly unusual for a 50+ year old male to have a purely platonic friendship with a 25 year old.

For example, milandra, you mentioned that you have male friends. That's great, but I would assume that if you're the Captain's age (or thereabouts) none of your male friends are mid 20s and "hot"? Or am I wrong?!

"as the author comes and goes at his own whim. ie........I asked him to substantiate the pictures, and he just goes away"

rubrrick ... O Ye of Little Faith! some of us have other things to do besides keeping an eye on some of the nonsense on CC! Anyway here is the response of where the photos were taken!

On the subject of sail-by's, there was an interesting photo published in the Corriere di Capri of the Seven Seas Voyager (Regent Cruise Lines) sailing through the gap between Capri's Faraglioni rocks a year or two ago. Not only is this practice extremely hazardous, it's completely illegal.

Here's the photo from Capri that I was referring to (previously posted). The Seven Seas Voyager is passing between the Faraglioni rocks, a passage less than 100 meters wide that is used as a short cut around the island by small boats. Looking closely at the photo to the right of the Voyager's bow there is a small Zodiac with two or three people aboard scampering out of the way. Not only that but there are two beach clubs to the left of the left hand Faraglione and swimmers frequently get out there.

A sail-by at a safe distance off shore from the island of Giglio I see nothing wrong with, but I'd say the captain of the Voyager was lucky he didn't cause an accident just as bad as Schettino on the Concordia

USNOOZEULOSE.... anyone who has been on a Bridge tour will know about the Alarms if you ask the right questions as our group did on the Ruby Princess in 2008 so its not a closely guarded secret.

If anyone would like to see the close up picture E mail me on the address below.

I was just about to write something along these lines when I saw your post. You beat me to it. GMTA :)

I speak for myself when I say that if my DH was out cavorting with a beautiful blonde young enough to be his daughter I wouldn't take too kindly to it. I believe some if not most women would probably feel the same way.

There is just too much of a generational gap between a 52 year-old and a 25 year-old to have "friendship" things in common no matter the genders. :D

I do agree that once you're married, it's still ok to have friends of the opposite sex.

However, I think it is highly unusual for a 50+ year old male to have a purely platonic friendship with a 25 year old.

For example, milandra, you mentioned that you have male friends. That's great, but I would assume that if you're the Captain's age (or thereabouts) none of your male friends are mid 20s and "hot"? Or am I wrong?!

For a fully animated Google Earth 3D recreation of the final voyage of the Costa Concordia go to:

http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/details?mid=57e14f9b30152cb51f2b60986ab4327c

For a YouTube of the animation go to:

WOW!!! That YouTube animation is amazing and really puts things in perspective!!

Joanie

Friendly enough to sit at their table if we're eating in the same place? Yes, I think so. I certainly wouldn't think twice about having lunch at the same table with a young male coworker. "Hot', of course, is a matter of personal preference.

It's been a few years since I have socialized in a broad spectrum activity, so I can't say I have firm friends in their mid-20s at this point. But I have male friends that are easily 15 years younger than me that are the type of friends you'd hug and hang out with.

I also had older male friends when I was in my mid-20s and "hot". :)

There is just too much of a generational gap between a 52 year-old and a 25 year-old to have "friendship" things in common no matter the genders. :D

Really? My in-laws are a ton of fun. Even when I was 15 years old, my first boyfriend and I used to play cards with his mother and aunt. He was a change-of-life baby so there must have been something like 55 years age difference and we all had a blast!

Really? My in-laws are a ton of fun. Even when I was 15 years old, my first boyfriend and I used to play cards with his mother and aunt. He was a change-of-life baby so there must have been something like 55 years age difference and we all had a blast!

We take the time to get to know " family" and family of friends. But how many people outside of those parameters do you have the kind of friendship where you share meals and drinks ( to say nothing of cabins) with that are 30 years older or younger than you?

That reminds me of a famous quote "There's only one thing to do when it rains and I don't play cards."

It's one thing to give Schettino the benefit of the doubt but I don't see what relationships with parents, in-laws, aunts etc. have in common with a relationship between a 52 year-old male and a 25 year-old female. Are we on the same page here? ;)

They both share a love of sailing and food!

She's young it might well just be a crush, like a teen has for a pop star. And although she says she's in love with him, he has not suggested that it was reciprocated.

Women do fall for powerful men, JFK certainly benefited from his position. Hey, Clinton did too. And they were both responsible for something much more powerful than a cruise ship.

It's one thing to give Schettino the benefit of the doubt but I don't see what relationships with parents, in-laws, aunts etc. have in common with a relationship between a 52 year-old male and a 25 year-old female. Are we on the same page here? ;)

But, but, but...you said, didn't you, "There is just too much of a generational gap between a 52 year-old and a 25 year-old to have "friendship" things in common no matter the genders."

If I, then, point out that I have fun with people that share a similar generational gap, why is that suddenly irrelevant?

They both share a love of sailing and food!

She's young it might well just be a crush, like a teen has for a pop star. And although she says she's in love with him, he has not suggested that it was reciprocated.

Women do fall for powerful men, JFK certainly benefited from his position. Hey, Clinton did too. And they were both responsible for something much more powerful than a cruise ship.

The big difference is that JFK and Clinton didn't ram a 14,500 ton ship into rocks. Here Schettino chose to be a "Rock" Star to his idolette over being a Captain to his passengers.

Archived