tourist bus crash

25dbb

I hear on the news about a tourist bus crash in mazatlan today (Friday, April

15th) and was wondering if any ships were in port there today. Any websites to see that info?

dbb25

According to one news website I checked there was a crash at the tip of the Baja today when a bus carrying passengers returning from a government function crashed as it tried to pass a car.. More than 20 were killed and two dozen hurt.

Maybe that is the story you heard??

There were 2 ships in that day and there was a crash. We were yet again in Mazatlan, thinkin about moving there more economical, and there was a crash. The open air tram was coming down, what I think is a dangerous road but I'm scared of heights, and there was a wreck below as the tram tried to avoid it the tram went off the road and over the edge. 11 injured but nothing too bad. Just scarry as heck I'd say. Don't let that stop you from enjoying the view from the view place. It has never happened before from what I heard.

Happy Cruising,

Sharon and Buck Gilbert

If there was a crash on Friday, there must have been more than one. We were riding with Randi on Wednesday when we heard that a van went off the side of the road and a number of people were injured. No fatalities as far as I know.

We just got off the Vision and there was a crash last Wednesday (4/13). 6 from the Vision and I don't know how many from a Princess ship that was also in port. We had breakfast the following morning with a honeymooning couple who were 2 of the 6 - both banged up pretty bad and he had 6 stitches in his hand. I think they said 1 person required surgery. Apparently the bus was going up a steep hill, pulled over to either let someone pass or go by, and then couldn't stop and ended up flipping over twice. They said the bus driver was doing everything he could to prevent it (including literally standing on the brake), but it must have been mechanical failure of some sort. I felt really sorry for them, but they seemed to be taking it all in stride. They said that RCCL was being very accommodating.

This info is correct. We were on the Diamond Princess last week. The crash happened on Wednesday, April 13th... the same day our ship was in Mazatlan with the Vision of the Seas. Twelve passengers from Princess were on the bus... 6 returned to the ship, and 6 stayed hospitalized in Mazatlan, including 2 who I heard were critical. We saw one of the families from the crash on board the last day, and they looked pretty bad.. was very scary...:(

Archived