So Confused About Atlantis Day Pass

HUBison2008

so after reading and researching we are going to Atlantis on the 13th of Feb when our ship come into port.

We have booked a room at the Comfort Suites as suggested in previous posts so I hope all goes smooth once we dock.

Quick question, what are the water park hours this time of year and when does it start getting dark?

Trying to plan the day so we can make the most of it.

We dock at 11:00am and leave port at 8:00pm.

All suggestions are welcome.

• 6 months later...

I've read most of this thread, and still have a few logistical questions. We're going to be there on November 18 on Disney Dream. We are in port from 9:30 to 5:45. I think if we do it, we'd probably opt for the Comfort Suites option, but I'm trying to figure out how much time we'd realistically have at the resort for our money.

Assuming we get off the ship as early as we can after docking at 9:30, when could we expect to arrive after getting off the ship, finding a taxi, checking in to the Comfort Suites, going to get our wristbands, etc?

Same question at the end of the day. Assuming we depart at 5:45, I'm assuming we'll need to be on board no later than around 5:15. When would we need to leave the resort, figuring in traffic, etc. to ensure we don't have issues and potentially miss the ship's departure?

Thanks in advance for any help. I just can't decide if it's worth the money without a better sense of how long we'll really have.

I've read most of this thread, and still have a few logistical questions. We're going to be there on November 18 on Disney Dream. We are in port from 9:30 to 5:45. I think if we do it, we'd probably opt for the Comfort Suites option, but I'm trying to figure out how much time we'd realistically have at the resort for our money.

Assuming we get off the ship as early as we can after docking at 9:30, when could we expect to arrive after getting off the ship, finding a taxi, checking in to the Comfort Suites, going to get our wristbands, etc?

Figure you will be at the waterpark by 11ish.

Same question at the end of the day. Assuming we depart at 5:45, I'm assuming we'll need to be on board no later than around 5:15. When would we need to leave the resort, figuring in traffic, etc. to ensure we don't have issues and potentially miss the ship's departure?

Since you will be leaving during rush hour, you'll need to either leave before 4:20 (be in the cab heading for the bridge), or figure close to an hour stuck in traffic if you stay longer. The Bridge is the only way off the island and traffic is a mess when the shifts change.

Thanks in advance for any help. I just can't decide if it's worth the money without a better sense of how long we'll really have.

Hope this helps

Well the rate is even worse than I first thought even with AARP. I saw this fine print when I was about to book.

Sub Total

** Estimated Taxes and/or other charges

Estimated Total:

$282.60

$98.42

$381.02

That's less expensive than our $451.00 for 4 people.

But, then

Please note: Must have one adult 21 years or older in each room. Energy surcharge: 15.95 per person per night. Housekeeping gratuities: 5.00 per person per night These are additional charges not included in nightly estimated total and must be paid directly at the hotel.

That's $381+$63.80+$20 = $464.80

No way!

Did you all see this fine print?

Well the rate is even worse than I first thought even with AARP. I saw this fine print when I was about to book.

Sub Total

** Estimated Taxes and/or other charges

Estimated Total:

$282.60

$98.42

$381.02

That's less expensive than our $451.00 for 4 people.

But, then

Please note: Must have one adult 21 years or older in each room. Energy surcharge: 15.95 per person per night. Housekeeping gratuities: 5.00 per person per night These are additional charges not included in nightly estimated total and must be paid directly at the hotel.

That's $381+$63.80+$20 = $464.80

No way!

Did you all see this fine print?

Yes, you really have to do the math, because those fees add up. That's why even when it comes out cheaper, it's not usually a huge amount saved.

• 3 weeks later...

We (2A & 11 year old) are on RCCL Grandeur on 2/17/15 from 7-4. There are 3 other ships that day.

Day passes are $125/$80, if available. Ship wants $165/$119. Comfort Inn is $391.82 with fees. Thinking of just trying for day passes due to pricing & also we can watch the weather that day.

Do you think that the day passes will sell out? If so, I can probably purchase from Majestic. Waiting to hear back from them, but I've seen $139/$80 from other people.

What do you recommend?

Also, if the ship leaves at 4, all aboard is probably 3:30. What time would we want to leave Atlantis?

Thanks for your advice!

We (2A & 11 year old) are on RCCL Grandeur on 2/17/15 from 7-4. There are 3 other ships that day.

Day passes are $125/$80, if available. Ship wants $165/$119. Comfort Inn is $391.82 with fees. Thinking of just trying for day passes due to pricing & also we can watch the weather that day.

Do you think that the day passes will sell out? If so, I can probably purchase from Majestic. Waiting to hear back from them, but I've seen $139/$80 from other people.

What do you recommend?

Also, if the ship leaves at 4, all aboard is probably 3:30. What time would we want to leave Atlantis?

Thanks for your advice!

Wise to watch the weather. February can be cool. But that's presidents week, so it IS a busy time of year.

Pools open at 10am, and you should start heading back around 2:45 or so. School buses slow traffic so it's not a quick zip back to port.

If you buy the pass through Royal Caribbean it says the end time is 4pm. The water park doesn't actually close until 6pm on the day we will be there. Is there any reason we can't stay at the water park or the resort and take a taxi back to the ship verses the provided transportation?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Forums mobile app

If you buy the pass through Royal Caribbean it says the end time is 4pm. The water park doesn't actually close until 6pm on the day we will be there. Is there any reason we can't stay at the water park or the resort and take a taxi back to the ship verses the provided transportation?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Forums mobile app

Depends on what time you have to be back to the ship.

Traffic on the bridge backs up to a halt around 4:30pm, so if you have to be onboard before 7pm, you'll need to be ahead of the traffic. It can take the good part of an hour just to cross the bridge in traffic.

If your ship doesn't leave til much later, you can take you own transportation back to the ship. Cabs are lined up.

Winter time the park closes at 5pm. In the summer only, it will stay open until 7pm.

You can always make your own way back to port from Atlantis. If you leave at 7, they want you on board by 6:30. Remember that besides regular taxis, there is also the water taxi that takes you back to next to the pier. The only drawback is that it is a 10 minute walk from the entrance to Atlantis to the pick up point. But you avoid traffic in Nassau.

There are plenty of threads on here that talk about the water taxi.

We booked yesterday a cruise leaving on Monday. Not sure if we're going to get the day passes from Carnival or not. However, if we wanted to get them from Majestic Tours, could we do it the day of or does it have to be before?

I tried to look at this information on their site and I didn't see any mention of Atlantis Aquaventure.

Thanks

We booked yesterday a cruise leaving on Monday. Not sure if we're going to get the day passes from Carnival or not. However, if we wanted to get them from Majestic Tours, could we do it the day of or does it have to be before?

I tried to look at this information on their site and I didn't see any mention of Atlantis Aquaventure.

Thanks

Majestic doesn't advertise. You have to contact them directly. Since you are going in the off season, you shouldn't have a problem getting passes at Atlantis when you arrive. Although you could go to Majestic same day, they would only have same day passes if Atlantis still had passes. They don't hold passes just for majestic customers.

If Atlantis runs out on any given day, so does majestic.

Be aware that in the off season, some things may be closed for maintenance.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

Does anyone know what is the current cost for the adults and children Beach Pass if you buy at Atlantis and what does the Beach pass included?

For the Aquaavendure pass, the one with the water park, does it allow you to use the beach also? Our ship docked at 7:00 am and I heard that the water park won't open until 10:00 am (is this still true?) we are thinking if we get there early get aquaadventure pass and go to the beach first then go to the water park when it opens at 10:00am.

Thanks

Hi,

Does anyone know what is the current cost for the adults and children Beach Pass if you buy at Atlantis and what does the Beach pass included?

For the Aquaavendure pass, the one with the water park, does it allow you to use the beach also? Our ship docked at 7:00 am and I heard that the water park won't open until 10:00 am (is this still true?) we are thinking if we get there early get aquaadventure pass and go to the beach first then go to the water park when it opens at 10:00am.

Thanks

Here's a quote I got earlier this season.

Discover Atlantis Beach Day Package*

•Adult Price: $69.00

•Children (ages 4-12) Price: $49.00

•Included: The Discover Atlantis Aquarium Tour, access to the Main Beach and all marine habitats.

Complimentary towels and chairs are provided.

•Not Included: access to pools, slides and private lagoons

•Availability: limited based on guest occupancy; sold on first come, first serve basis

Some packages include a lunch voucher - this email did not include lunch.

This package does NOT allow access to COVE and REEF pools.

Passes are not given out until 8:30am, and the beach and pools do not open until 9am . Slides at 10am.

During the winter season, everything, including the beach, is close by 5pm. Slide will close about 30 minutes prior.

• 4 weeks later...

We will be in Nassau on March 22, 2015 from 7 am-2 pm. There will be 7 people in our group, and I desperately want my teen/adult children to experience and enjoy Atlantis the way I did a few years ago with their father who passed away this past year. I'm worried about getting all 7 of us to Atlantis and back to the ship in that short time, but would rather not pay the full price of booking a tour for all of us and wasting time waiting for a tour group to gather. What is the best way to get the most out of our time in Nassau and allow the kids to enjoy the waterparks at Atlantis?

We will be in Nassau on March 22, 2015 from 7 am-2 pm. There will be 7 people in our group, and I desperately want my teen/adult children to experience and enjoy Atlantis the way I did a few years ago with their father who passed away this past year. I'm worried about getting all 7 of us to Atlantis and back to the ship in that short time, but would rather not pay the full price of booking a tour for all of us and wasting time waiting for a tour group to gather. What is the best way to get the most out of our time in Nassau and allow the kids to enjoy the waterparks at Atlantis?

You may be quite disappointed by this tour at this time of year. It's Spring Break, and not only are the number of passes restricted due to the high volumn, but the lines will be long and crowded.

You're best bet for a quaranteed day pass is the cruise ship, but you might try majestictoursbahamas. They sell day passes, but they are not advertised on the website, you have to contact them off line.

Also, be aware that the waterpark doesn't open until 10am, and you will have to leave before 1pm to be back onboard by 1:30pm for departure.

Not enough time to enjoy the park. You may get a couple of slides in, but with long lines, not much more.

I have another thought. Because of past visits to Atlantis, we have discounted rooms available to us. It's seems it would be cheaper for me to book a few rooms for my family of 7 and only use the waterpark. According to an Atlantis representative, we could check in early (when our boat docks- I didn't mention that's how we were arriving) and receive wristbands to use the park which she said opens at 9 AM. until our rooms are ready (which we wouldn't be using). Any thoughts on whether this is a good idea or not?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have another thought. Because of past visits to Atlantis, we have discounted rooms available to us. It's seems it would be cheaper for me to book a few rooms for my family of 7 and only use the waterpark. According to an Atlantis representative, we could check in early (when our boat docks- I didn't mention that's how we were arriving) and receive wristbands to use the park which she said opens at 9 AM. until our rooms are ready (which we wouldn't be using). Any thoughts on whether this is a good idea or not?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you can get rooms for this low price during spring break then I say go for it. You are determined. It will be extremely crowded, but you know that already. The SLIDES and lazy river open at 10am. Pools open at 9am. You're rep is misinformed (which isn't unusual).

Personally, I'd use those rooms for a day trip when it wasn't so manic

I was just there in March during spring break. Heck, I was on a spring break cruise. Atlantis was not crowded and there were not long lines. I got the beach access that allowed me access to everything in the park and the beach except the water rides, lagoons and the pools. It came with a voucher for lunch and I bought it at the Atlantis desk. It's definitely worth seeing. We will be there again in January and are looking at doing the Comfort Suites route.

• 3 weeks later...