Avalon Imagery Blue Danube to the Black Sea, 4/4

webfoot

I just started a thread in the Roll Call section but also wanted to post here. This cruise only has a few cabins left and hope that there is someone else from Cruise Critic land that wil be going with us. This is Avalon's President Cruise and we are thrilled to take this trip!

Hi Webfoot - It would appear that we will be "just missing" each other on the Imagery. My Dad and I are sailing on the Imagery, departing Amsterdam on Monday Mar 26 and sailing down the Rhine/Main/Danube. We arrive in Vienna on Thursday, April 5 and will be leaving the ship on the morning of Friday, April 6 after breakfast. I guess you'll be staying in a hotel in Vienna when you arrive for the first 2 nights (Wed & Thurs) and then boarding the Imagery on Friday afternoon, Mar 6, after everyone from our cruise has departed and the staterooms are made ready for new passengers. Sorry we'll be missing you. Regards, PingPong1

Hi Pingpong1,

We arrive in Vienna on April 2 to get over jet lag and do some of our own touring. I am sorry that we will miss each other. We are then spending an additional week in Romania.

Enjoy your trip!

Webfoot - Good thinking about getting "over the pond" a day early. We're doing the same thing and arriving in Amsterdam a day early (and staying in an "Avalon Hotel"), before going onboard the Imagery. Also, staying an extra overnight in Vienna (in an "Avalon Hotel") before flying back to the U.S. This will be my first cruise (that wasn't "paid for" by the Navy ;)) but in my civilian job with the government (before I retired), I put on about 200,000 air miles a year - all over the world. I know the importance of "catching up" on sleep and the effects/havoc that crossing time zones - particularly when flying west to east - can produce. We're hoping/expecting that with the President of Avalon meeting the ship in Vienna, that everything will be in absolutely "tip-top shape" during the 2 weeks of our cruise (before he meets the ship) :). We're fully expecting and assuming that it's going to be a "super cruise". When we get back, I'll be writing what I hope is a totally objective, fair, and comprehensive critique of our experience. I really WANT this cruise to be such that I'll eagerly be looking forward to using Avalon quite frequently for many more cruises in the future. Best Regards.

Archived