Cruising out of Miami!

bamboozel

I don't about parking as we flew to Miami, but I bid on one of the bidding sites and paid about $95.00 for the Intercontinental right near Bayside Market. That is very close to the cruise pier. We ate dinner at Bayside and took a taxi the next morning to the ship. One of my most memorable precruise stays. Also interesting to go to the pool floor of the hotel and see the size of the ships traveling the Inland Waterway. Absolutely incredible!

Lots of threads on the Florida Departures boards with hotel and park and cruise recs. La Quinta Airport East and Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon or Homestead Inn Blue Lagoon (not sure which) seem to have good review traffic, but both are near the airport and you'll need to shuttle to the port. Nothing P&C near port, but Park N Fly lots are nearby and you can book hotel near port via priceline or other bidding service.

We stayed at Red Roof by the airport (right under a flight pattern:eek:) Any way, the point I was going to make is be sure of transports to and FROM the port. Our hotel brought us TO the port, but no return pickup. $27 cab back to the hotel. But, over all it was cheaper than paying the parking at the port! (free parking at the hotel, and free 1 way transport)

We're staying in Boca Raton the night prior (DH wants to go to some bar there). We're parking through Port of Miami Cruise Parking. It has some mixed reviews but nothing too bad really and its only $4.50/day. We'll take a cab to the pier most likely from the parking lot.

We're staying at the new SpringHill Miami Airport South; $169 includes parking durin the cruise, breakfast, king bed, shuttle to the port (cab for return.)

We've also stayed at the LaQuinta Airport East and it is fine, but EXTREMELY difficult to locate!!!

Archived