SiebenSegel-Tours for Rostock & Warnemuende?

My husband and older kids are doing a Berlin tour and myself and 2 girls, ages 11 and 12 are going to do Rostock & Warnemuende. I think we are going to use SiebenSegel-Tours (Anne Kirchmann is the tour guide). I can't seem to find much information about any tours in Germany.

Can anyone comment of this tour that they do? Just want to make sure it would be of interest to kids ages 11 and 12:

Your tour starts directly in front of the cruise terminal. An enthusiastic local guide will share insight into the local history and present with you and take you to the most prominent places. The tour starts with a stroll through Warnemuende, the fisherman’s village and seaside resort your ship docks in today. See the typical gabled houses of the 18th and 19th century with their half-timbered facades and ornamented doors and gables. The authentic “Old Stream” canal with its fisherman’s boats, boutiques, cafés and often street art performance is an absolute must-see. Above all towers the lighthouse of 1898 and the sandy beach. Maybe return here after the tour for an individual walk along the promenade area and some souvenir shopping or cake degustation.

An approx. 30 min ride on the commuter train and tram brings you to the heart of Rostock, the biggest and most well known city of Mecklenburg county. This old hanseatic and university town offers a rich variety of sights and photo opportunities. During you guided walk of the historic center see the splendid town hall, lively market square, historic university, medieval monastery of the Holy Cross as well as the buzzling boulevard Kroepeliner Strasse and the brick gothic town wall and mighty town gates. An inside visit to the impressive basilica St. Marien with its baroque organ and fascinating astronomical clock of 1472 will also be part of this tour.

Enjoy a little snack and drink (grilled sausage or local fish bun or cake and coffee or a cold drink) and stroll along the boulevard before you board the harbor cruise boat for the return journey to Warnemuende. The 1 hour scenic cruise passes the old and new harbor areas of Rostock and gives you great insight into the local industry and excellent views. Maybe go for a taste of the local beer on board with a Rostocker Pilsner Beer.

worldgallery,

I think that the Warnemunde part of your tour is VERY easily done on your own. It is a nice little town to wander around in, and everything is walking distance from the docks. So I would wonder how much you are paying for that part of the tour.

Anni has great information on LIVE IN ROSTOCK.... for information on DYI travel to Rostock via train/S-Bahn. If you look in the later pages she even gives the timetables for the trains. Again, something that is very doable on your own.

I haven't read anything on the siebenSegel tours on these boards so I can't help you there. Good luck and have fun on your trip, I love that area of Germany.

This is just my two cents. :D

Archived