Pool/chairs area on Voyager of the Seas

kaa12740

As we like to spend our sea days in the sun, how is the pool layout? Do you find that it is hard to get a chair? I have been on Carnival before and chairs were always "saved" and it was terrible to find a place to lay out. Also, it looks like there is only a couple pools in the middle of the ship. Is this correct? Ships I have been on before usually have them located in multiple areas. We were surprised with this cruise as a gift for my fiance and I so just checking the ship out! Thanks for the help in advance!

This was the best ship we have sailed on for lounger availability - we had no problems whatever time we went to sunbathe. Getting near the edge of the pool was difficult if you arrived late but otherwise great availability - our ship was up to capacity as well.

Going up one deck from the actual pool level is less crowded, and less noisy! (And, there's a bar up there!) The area immediately adjacent to the pool is PACKED....you can't even stand beside your lounger, they are so close together. Go up a deck and you won't have to crawl onto your lounger from the bottom of the chair! There are PLENTY of sunny areas. If you need almost total privacy, go up 2 decks and forward..few go there!

If you need almost total privacy, go up 2 decks and forward..few go there!

The St. Tropez area - aka Forward Sunbathing Area - above the fitness center. Nice place for sailaway too. Can be windy when underway but worth checking out if wanting sun and not needing pool.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived