Just back from the January 21-28 Grand

kim826

Just a quick mini review of our experience on the Grand. We found all staff to be very friendly and helpful. Yes, the ship is older, but it is well maintained. We thought the dining room food to be good but was very disappointed with the Horizon Court's offerings. We ate at the Crown Grill and Sabatini's. I personally liked Sabatini's but my husband didn't as the menu was heavy on the fish/seafood side and he doesn't like that. We found NCL's Cagney's menu to be better suited than the Crown Grill for us as far as appetizers, salads and soup. We didn't have any towel animals, but we don't care if we have them. The cabin was kept clean and refreshed promptly. This was my second Princess cruise. We have previously been on NCL, Royal Caribbean, Celebrity, Costa and Holland America. I did have the chance to talk with regular Princess cruisers who said that they noticed a definite decline in food and service - even within the past year. We chose this cruise because of the Concerts at Sea program.

WOW!!! I too sailed on the Grand this past week! Had a great time and was with great company!! I especially enjoyed the private island sanctuary and lunch that was delivered. The service was great all week except for the final day when we rented the sanctuary on ship for 20.00 and only got the service of one soda.

I was on it as well and had a great time and the service/food excellent. I did get fed up seeing all those t shirts from the large group last week though especially when people were wearing the same one everyday. The bar staff said they were very quiet because of the large group except when the open/free bar was on in the disco one evening !!!

Just a quick mini review of our experience on the Grand. We found all staff to be very friendly and helpful. Yes, the ship is older, but it is well maintained. We thought the dining room food to be good but was very disappointed with the Horizon Court's offerings. We ate at the Crown Grill and Sabatini's. I personally liked Sabatini's but my husband didn't as the menu was heavy on the fish/seafood side and he doesn't like that. We found NCL's Cagney's menu to be better suited than the Crown Grill for us as far as appetizers, salads and soup. We didn't have any towel animals, but we don't care if we have them. The cabin was kept clean and refreshed promptly. This was my second Princess cruise. We have previously been on NCL, Royal Caribbean, Celebrity, Costa and Holland America. I did have the chance to talk with regular Princess cruisers who said that they noticed a definite decline in food and service - even within the past year. We chose this cruise because of the Concerts at Sea program.

Princess doesn't do towel animals, unless you have a little kid traveling with you. This regular Princess cruiser is boarding on Saturday, and I'll bet I don't notice any decline in food.

Interesting take, thanks for posting

Srpilo

Haven't been on Princess, Sailed on Disney several times & also on NCL, RCL, & Carnival. Disney shows are wonderful but after the show there's really no other entertainment..no lounges with live music & no food anywhere after dinner. Do they have a southwestern restaurant on the Grand Princess?

Not anymore.

Princess doesn't do towel animals, unless you have a little kid traveling with you. This regular Princess cruiser is boarding on Saturday, and I'll bet I don't notice any decline in food.

Hi Pia, let us know please; we board in 18 days, can't hardly wait!:)

I'll be doing a LIVE, so follow along with me every day.

That's great news! Thanks, Pia, for sharing your cruise with us! I love to end my day following along! It makes the time until my next cruise go much quicker and I learn so much here! Good luck with trivia!!

Elaine

Hi Pia,

I always enjoy your postings and can't wait to see what you have to say about the Grand as I Board on Feb. 25 for a week.

Myrna

Thanks, Myrna. I've already said quite a bit on my last 16 day Grand trip (May 5, 2011). I'm just wondering whether or not I'll find something new to add.

Archived