***Please REVIEW Existing Posts

LauraS

Joanie.....if you received my email, please email me back at my personal address.

I believe the mods bow to the God of money, and henceforth we lose out. It would have been nice to at least been told that.

Re reading Laura S's opening line, I can read in between what she has to write, and what she is (I believe trying to tell us) saying.........is to please stop and desist. I believe that no matter where we take this on CC....it will be shut down and deleted. That has been proven several times.

Please follow another posters link if you wish to continue this discussion. We cannot do it here. I feel very sorry for CC and Laura, but I know that now her hands are tied, and some sort of gag order has been issued by the Carnovore people.

Our round table brought out the facts, as presented by the Italian Government, and translated by Italians for all of the world to know, thru CC.

There is not a website as good as CC, and yet, we are being forced to regroup and take our discussion elsewhere.

CC will never stand up to the standards that it once had, and for that the whole believability of CC has gone downhill, in my mind.

I'll stick around, unless I'm kicked off.

At least, we know where this group stands, and this being a sticky, I'd appreciate it, if all of our comments were left up!

Respectfully,

Rick

Then it sounds like you got a response???

I too have been a lurker and avid follower of the Sinking/Oz threads from the beginning.

I couldn't believe that the latest Oz thread was removed without so much as a response to your inquires to CC. I can appreciate CC's need for allegiance to their advertisers over their membership but I cannot see how those threads were such a threat to Carn/Costa to warrant a gag order. The information discussed was gathered from the Internet. Does Carn/Costa have the power to silence the whole world wide web??!!

I think the round table as well as its waiters, maitre'D, dog under the table, and shipmates lurking in the shadows just became victims of the Costa Concordia sinking.

A very sad day for Cruise Critic and all of us who held it in such high esteem.

~ Judy

Then it sounds like you got a response???

I blame all of this on your method of communications!

It's OK to have a Teepee...........but the use of a Tom Tom, especially a tapi model!........well that is probably what has put this whole thing in the land of never....... your Tom Tom must be out of tune!:D

See you on the new site!

Rick

I blame all of this on your method of communications!

It's OK to have a Teepee...........but the use of a Tom Tom, especially a tapi model!........well that is probably what has put this whole thing in the land of never....... your Tom Tom must be out of tune!:D

See you on the new site!

Rick

I haven't found it yet. :(

So sad to see the treatment of the Roundtable thread. At least with the Concordia Sinking threads, the information posted is still viewable albeit locked. If CC decided that moderation was necessary on the Roundtable, why not give it the same treatment rather than a total deletion. Many CC members spent a lot of time researching, translating etc. and many other CC members (us "lurkers") have derived great interest from the research and views provided by those posters.

The deletion of the thread, particularly with no reasons given, seems to show that free speech (within the CC guidelines) is not welcome.

The posting gudelines for CC members are clearly spelt out. Are there public guidelines for CC moderators ?

Having participated in the various topics over the Costa Concordia incident I too am somewhat surprised over the heavy handedness of the moderators in removing the some of the discussions. I would therefore ask as to why these were removed, was it due to pressure from the various cruise industry units or a judgement call from the moderators.

I would also like to ask as to what level of advertising the cruise industry pay to Cruise critic and where I may find this information.

rgds

Having participated in the various topics over the Costa Concordia incident I too am somewhat surprised over the heavy handedness of the moderators in removing the some of the discussions. I would therefore ask as to why these were removed, was it due to pressure from the various cruise industry units or a judgement call from the moderators.

I would also like to ask as to what level of advertising the cruise industry pay to Cruise critic and where I may find this information.

rgds

It doesn't list what the industry pays but it does show what the costs for general advertising on the site.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/aboutus/?ID=12

Thanks for the 'public' information however I am asking the CC owners what is the contribution of the Cruise industry towards the running costs of the site. This would then show how much of a 'free cruising site' Cruise critic actually is.

It is my belief that the CC site is powered by the industry and that when topics of 'danger' to the industry are posted they are swift to act. It is my belief that CC is not a fully independent site as we would be led to believe.

This is evident when we start investigating 'actions' of the cruise lines, especially those of the big ones covering Costa and the Costa concordia incident.

I look forward to a frank and open reply to my question from CC, failing that i will be removed as an agitator or persona non grata

Laura S. Thank you for keeping this sticky alive. It's so important to understand the involvement and CC's interest in such a critical subject.

This sticky needs to stay up until the conclusion of the criminal procedings against the Captain of the Concordia, Costa Cruise lines and it's Italian company, and Carnival Corporation.........the holding company of Costa.

And, we trust you to continue to be honest in CC's participation, in the ongoing investigation and the fact that because we have a new place to discuss these facts, you will allow the crumbs to stay alive.

I appreciate your understanding and willingness to allow, not only America to have a free voice, but to allow the cruising community to have a free voice.

Thank you!!

Rick

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

I realize the last post to this thread is 11 days old. I would like to attempt to clarify some of the issues raised in this thread.

First, let me apologize for not responding sooner. The fact of the matter is I should have done one of two things when creating this thread: 1) closed the thread to further discussion, w/ a link to my email address or 2) SUBSCRIBED to the thread so that I would not have missed your original questions. Also, I was on vacation from Feb 18th through the 26th. This thread was brought to my attention today.

I've spent the better part of an hour looking for an original discussion with the subject line "OZ Round Table Discussion". I have had no luck whatsoever. I have been able to locate subsequent deleted discussions inquiring about where the original went. As information (and most of you have been around for a long time should know this) postings discussing board moderation are routinely removed from the forums.

Someone also mentioned sending me an email about this specific issue. The email actually pertained to opening a "new" Friends of.... forum for a group of specific people to discuss the Concordia and all issues pertaining to Concordia. The appropriate place to discuss Concordia is right here on the Costa forum.

I see that many of you are particularly unhappy about the closing a thread called "Oz Round Table Discussion". In all honesty, I have been unable to locate this thread.

Around the same time, we "closed" the Concordia is SINKING thread because of some really nasty bickering and comments between some (note I said SOME) of our members. Again, you have all been here quite a long time and know that we do this often. Kudos to my staff and Host Tyler in cleaning up that thread and allowing it to be accessed in the future.

The fact of the matter is, very FEW threads and posts were removed from the forum as they directly pertained to Concordia. And, as we had mentioned from the start, we were merging like discussions, and asked that member review existing posts to avoid duplication. To be honest, all things considered, we felt our member's collective voices with regard to this situation to be clear, concise and well-heard throughout the industry. Hats off to everyone who has participated on the various Costa Concordia threads.

I want to make very clear to everyone: at no time were we contacted by any cruise line regarding removal of anything on this forum. We only remove what violates our posting guidelines. We clearly stated that we will MERGE duplicate/similar topics. That's what a MODERATED forum is all about.

Finally, we have no issues with continued discussion of Costa Concordia here on the Costa forum. We invite you all to participate in the discussions existing on the forum, and to contribute new threads when appropriate.

If you have any comments/questions/concerns regarding my posting above, please send them to me via email.

Laura

PS: If anyone has a LINK to the original discussion entitled Oz Round Table Discussions please forward to me via email (community@cruisecritic.com). I am NOT referring to the threads where people were asking where the original went. Thanks!

L

Archived