***Please REVIEW Existing Posts

LauraS

• Administrators

Hi everyone:

We're very appreciative of the way most of you are handling these very sensitive discussions. Our members show the true Spirit of Cruising in difficult times like this.

At the current time, we would like you all to review the existing posts on the forum before you post any new Concordia information. As some of you may have noticed, we are trying to merge (or at times even remove) existing/like topics together. Reviewing before posting would help us out tremendously.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi everyone:

We're very appreciative of the way most of you are handling these very sensitive discussions. Our members show the true Spirit of Cruising in difficult times like this.

At the current time, we would like you all to review the existing posts on the forum before you post any new Concordia information. As some of you may have noticed, we are trying to merge (or at times even remove) existing/like topics together. Reviewing before posting would help us out tremendously.

There has been a thread OZ round table discussion that has been closed and not able to viewed. Is there any way that the posts can be viewed? Is it possible for this thread to continue? Is there any requirements that posters should follow to if this thread is to be reopened.

Kind regards

Ozcruiser1

There has been a thread OZ round table discussion that has been closed and not able to viewed. Is there any way that the posts can be viewed? Is it possible for this thread to continue? Is there any requirements that posters should follow to if this thread is to be reopened.

Kind regards

Ozcruiser1

I agree with Ozcruiser1.

Laura and all mods/hosts, we have been very respectful in our Oz Round Table discussions and doing our best to not only respecy each others posts but the rights of others throughout the cruising world.

We have all tried our best to stay within the guidelines of Cruise Critic in our discussions.

We cannot understand wht our thread Oz Round Table was pulled when we feel that there was nothing wrong with what we were posting and/or commenting on.

Please, will someone either re post our thread or give us a place that we can keep our findings, thoughts and comments going. We not only had links to information, but in depth true translations of many many items (by a professional Italian Translator, who also has been a CC member for a while), to include, but not limited to, the Prosecutor, the Judge's findings, videos and so much more. Now we have lost all of that because the thread was completely pulled and not just locked:(

I, for one, do not feel that the Float Away Lounge is the proper place for this tragedy and I know many others who feel the same.

Please, we ask very humbly for our Oz Round Table to be restored to us, if even in another location on Cruise Critic.

With deep respect

Joanie (CC Memeber name IRL_Joanie)

Hello Laura,

Thank you for providing a platform to discuss and express views and opinions concerning cruising. I am very grateful to Cruise Critic not only for the forum but for the all the information on all aspects of cruising you provide on the Cruise Critic site.

I was surprised when a very informative thread, Oz' Roundtable Discussion was deleted from the Costa Forum. The thread contained contributions from many valuable sources and provided a resource and reference section for the recent Concordia incident.

Your consideration in reinstating the thread would be much appreciated.

Respectfully yours,

cruiserfanfromct

This is only my 2nd post on the forum. However, I have been following the Concordia discussions in both the "SINKING" threads, and the Oz Roundtable threads since shortly after the Concordia was grounded. I agree with the above posts; the information, links, translations and discussions that have been lost by removal with no warnin or reason as to why... Well, they were invaluable for lack of a better word.

I'm not a cruiser, and I probably never will be... Cruise ships terrify me. So, that being the case, I'm not sure how much weight my opinion holds here, but in the case of this unfolding investigation, the removal of a thread that those who contributed and learned from are heavily invested in seems a bit harsh. All we are asking for is a reason why, if any rules were broken that led to the removal, and a reinstatement of the thread so that the information contained within can be saved elsewhere. Thank you.

Amanda

Hello Laura,

Thank you for providing a platform to discuss and express views and opinions concerning cruising. I am very grateful to Cruise Critic not only for the forum but for the all the information on all aspects of cruising you provide on the Cruise Critic site.

I was surprised when a very informative thread, Oz' Roundtable Discussion was deleted from the Costa Forum. The thread contained contributions from many valuable sources and provided a resource and reference section for the recent Concordia incident.

Your consideration in reinstating the thread would be much appreciated.

Respectfully yours,

cruiserfanfromct

I agree that this thread should be reinstated. It was very informative. Thanks.

I agree that this thread should be reinstated. It was very informative. Thanks.

Laura -- I am also an avid, uber-interested lurker. My DH and I have cruised 6 times, the first time was on the Costa Riveria in 1986 -- granted, it may have the same name as the original, but it IS a new cruiseline. We absolutely LOVE to cruise, but this incident has us re-evaluating our passion. My DH lost his right foot to MRSA in 2004, but we have cruised twice since then, once on Coral Princess in 2006 on a partial Panama Canal cruise, and again, in 2009, on Carnival Conquest, with Mach and the Crazies. Despite his partial disability, we were planning to cruise again this year and were discussing several options. That all changed on the night of the Concordia disaster. I have been extremely interested in following these discussions and really believe them to be of extreme importance to those of us in the "cruising circles". Please allow these very important exchanges of information and informed opinion to continue. Thank you for your courtesy and consideration. Silver

I've been lurking here at CC since 2005, joined last year, and never felt the need to post until now.

I've been following the "sinking threads" since the start also.

I can not believe that Cruise Critic thinks so little of their loyal users that they can't offer a simple explanation for the disappearing threads.

Seriously.

Please, SOMEONE, ANYONE, explain why our discussion of the Costa Concordia Disaster is causing only our threads to be pulled completely???

Why is it ours and ours alone that is undergoing such an attack?? Why not the thread slamming Micky Arison??

We have been civil, we have not broken copyrights laws we have complied with all CC Guidelines and yet we feel as if we are being punished.

We've asked for some one to tell us why via this thread, we've also asked via email, but no one seems to want or care to explain to us why???

Joanie

Please, SOMEONE, ANYONE, explain why our discussion of the Costa Concordia Disaster is causing only our threads to be pulled completely???

Why is it ours and ours alone that is undergoing such an attack?? Why not the thread slamming Micky Arison??

We have been civil, we have not broken copyrights laws we have complied with all CC Guidelines and yet we feel as if we are being punished.

We've asked for some one to tell us why via this thread, we've also asked via email, but no one seems to want or care to explain to us why???

Joanie

Joanie - exactly! I am a regular poster on another CC Board and our Host has never so completely abandioned and ignored our requests for clarification of CC issues. I suspect it has to do with the fact that all or most crusielines on CC are also advertisers on this site and someone has decided at CC or Carnival/Costa they are no longer interested in the following of this disaster! And simply shut it down and apparently have no intention in answering member questions regarding the matter.... Disappointed in these actions ....

An explanation would be greatly appreciated by us all. I seldom post, but feel that my understanding of this disaster has been enhanced by these discussions. Please don't dumb-down cruise critic discussions to trivial topics. We're all more intelligent than that!

JoyceG:)

Given the title & contents of the opening post in this thread, is the implication perhaps that the contents of the sinking/round table threads belong in the Concordia news thread instead?

If this indeed the thinking....2 things.

One, the sinking threads (& therefore the round table thread which was a continuation of the sinking threads) were in existence from long before the news thread, & as such, it should have been the news thread that was merged/removed.

And two, the sinking & news threads are in fact two different types of thread. One is for quick updates on the latest news, the other a more in depth discussion & analysis etc etc.

I'm not suggesting for one minute by the way that the news thread should be closed, as mentionned, it has a different direction.

Whatever the reason, it really would help to have some sort of answer.

Dear CC staff, could you please give me some information as to why a couple of threads ( not just posts) have been deleted?

Many have requested some further information from you regarding this, yet there would appear to little feedback. If there has been some breach of protocol, please indicate what can be done so that future threads can continue.

Kind regards,

Ozcruiser1

Laura, I wrote you a personal email last evening, and you have yet to respond to it.

There must be a reason that the OZ roundtable discussion continues to disappear. It has been repectful, and has followed the guidelines set forth in CC. If you cannot allow us to continue here, just let me know.

I would appreciate an answer from you.

Do we need to move this discussion to another forum?

Sincerely,

Rick

Laura, I wrote you a personal email last evening, and you have yet to respond to it.

There must be a reason that the OZ roundtable discussion continues to disappear. It has been repectful, and has followed the guidelines set forth in CC. If you cannot allow us to continue here, just let me know.

I would appreciate an answer from you.

Do we need to move this discussion to another forum?

Sincerely,

Rick

Wow, the silence is deafening - just like the last two times! I think we have our answer.

Wow, the silence is deafening - just like the last two times! I think we have our answer.

Kirykes, can you test my email link in my signature?? I may have a problem and am trying to find out... Just click on it and send me an email. If I do not respond then It did not work and I will need to check it again.

Joanie

Kirykes, can you test my email link in my signature?? I may have a problem and am trying to find out... Just click on it and send me an email. If I do not respond then It did not work and I will need to check it again.

Joanie

Joanie.....if you received my email, please email me back at my personal address.

I believe the mods bow to the God of money, and henceforth we lose out. It would have been nice to at least been told that.

Re reading Laura S's opening line, I can read in between what she has to write, and what she is (I believe trying to tell us) saying.........is to please stop and desist. I believe that no matter where we take this on CC....it will be shut down and deleted. That has been proven several times.

Please follow another posters link if you wish to continue this discussion. We cannot do it here. I feel very sorry for CC and Laura, but I know that now her hands are tied, and some sort of gag order has been issued by the Carnovore people.

Our round table brought out the facts, as presented by the Italian Government, and translated by Italians for all of the world to know, thru CC.

There is not a website as good as CC, and yet, we are being forced to regroup and take our discussion elsewhere.

CC will never stand up to the standards that it once had, and for that the whole believability of CC has gone downhill, in my mind.

I'll stick around, unless I'm kicked off.

At least, we know where this group stands, and this being a sticky, I'd appreciate it, if all of our comments were left up!

Respectfully,

Rick

Archived