How busy are the beaches with 3 ships in port

boomonster

We will be in Roatan on a Wednesday next week. We will be with 2 Carnival ships. We have been before and did a tour with Victor Bodden . Didn't have time to do to much beach with everyting else we did. We were at something San Simon (nice but just there long enought to grab a bite and jump in water to cool off) The whole beach was just lined with people from all the resorts . Is there someplace we can go do some swimming , drink some fruity beverages , maybe snorkle ,and not feel like I'm on a cruise ship during a sea day? Am I asking to much? Oh yeah some shade would be nice because I already pay my dermatologist way to much. Thanks in advance.

Have a look at Maya Key.. I have not been bit everyone says it is quiet an the snorkeling is decent.

By the by San Simon Beach Club is on West Bay Beach, many consider West Bay to be the most beautiful on the island..and everyone wants to experience it. :)

Pics here of Maya Key

Our ship was the last of three to arrive. Took a cab to the West End for some beach time and the 1st three beach clubs that the driver took us to were full and would not be taking anymore day passes.

Driver did not give up and Fosters Beach club still had enough room for us and it turned out to be a great day.

So I guess timing is everything when 3 ships are in port.

Archived