Best private tour

mtslone

We were there a couple weeks ago and really enjoyed Shirley of Cayman Safari. There were 6 ships in that day and we would not have known it up on the northern part of the island where she toke us. She took us to Pedro St. James, Queen Elizabeth Botanical Gardens, Rum Point beach and to Vivinne's for lunch. (Delicious - and a great view of a shipwreck out on the reef as you eat) My sister was the one making arrangements with her and Shirley said that if there were things that we really wanted to do - just tell her. Since we were on more of a land tour then beach time, we did not ask to spend more time at Rum Point. But, it is worth letting Shirley know how much time you were hoping to spend around the water. My sister wanted to Geocach, and Shirley knew where to take her. I'm sure if you were interested in certain things, she would help out. The tour is in an open-sided canvas covered jeep that seats 6 people in the back and a person can ride shotgun in the front if needed. It was almost like having a relative or friend drive you around their hometown, telling all about the local news and points of interest. Shirley is a multi-generation Caymanian and I swear she knew everybody on the island. Waving or honking at people we passed, hello's and hugs, etc A wealth of information. We really had a great day and would do it again in a heartbeat.

We just got back and rented a jeep from Avis and headed to Rum Point for lunch and the beach. It was very easy. We were on Carnival, and the tender process was very slow, so we wasted about 2 hours of our time. (Arrival in port 10am, off ship around 11:30, signed documents and in car at 12:15, last tender back to ship 5:15). We rented a GPS as well, and that helped as there are a lot of "round-abouts". It took us about 40 minutes to drive from the airport to Rum Point.

We were there a couple weeks ago and really enjoyed Shirley of Cayman Safari. There were 6 ships in that day and we would not have known it up on the northern part of the island where she toke us. She took us to Pedro St. James, Queen Elizabeth Botanical Gardens, Rum Point beach and to Vivinne's for lunch. (Delicious - and a great view of a shipwreck out on the reef as you eat) My sister was the one making arrangements with her and Shirley said that if there were things that we really wanted to do - just tell her. Since we were on more of a land tour then beach time, we did not ask to spend more time at Rum Point. But, it is worth letting Shirley know how much time you were hoping to spend around the water. My sister wanted to Geocach, and Shirley knew where to take her. I'm sure if you were interested in certain things, she would help out. The tour is in an open-sided canvas covered jeep that seats 6 people in the back and a person can ride shotgun in the front if needed. It was almost like having a relative or friend drive you around their hometown, telling all about the local news and points of interest. Shirley is a multi-generation Caymanian and I swear she knew everybody on the island. Waving or honking at people we passed, hello's and hugs, etc A wealth of information. We really had a great day and would do it again in a heartbeat.

We also enjoyed a similar tour with Shirley and Cayman Safari. I think the children would enjoy the short audio visual presentation at Pedro St James and short tour around the grounds, and the blue iguanas at the Botanic Gardens. Unfortunately we didn't actually have time for the stop at Rum Point due to a mix-up between ship time and port time and the fact that we waited for two "no-shows', just a word of warning depending on which ship you are on.

Archived