Bedwetters

bunchesofun

I had 2 sons who wet the bed on occassion. The pull ups for big kids are a wonderful invention- they are private and the child doesn't have to worry about having an accident. They allowed my sons to do sleep overs without fear. I would highly recommend them. Not an exact answer for your question but an alternate solution.

Hey girl! If I'm not mistaken, this is an older teenaged boy correct? I don't think the big kids pull ups will work here. I would call Carnival and ask them. I don't know if Special needs can help but someone would probably be able to answer your question.

Good luck.

Hey girl! If I'm not mistaken, this is an older teenaged boy correct? I don't think the big kids pull ups will work here. I would call Carnival and ask them. I don't know if Special needs can help but someone would probably be able to answer your question.

Good luck.

There are adult versions of the same things. No cute trucks on them but private and discreet. Certainly better than wetting the bed. My son was well into his teens (special needs) when he stopped.

My 10 yo daughter is a bedwetter. Every night. She's almost adult size, but she can still wear "Goodnights" in the xl size. The problem is, she leaks through them at least once a week. At home we have a waterproof mattress pad. But, in hotels, grandmas and on cruises, we don't have that luxury. So, when we travel we use disposable bed liners called chux- Here is an example off amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Disposable-Blue-Underpad-Chux-23x36/dp/B000FA05Y6

Frequently they sell something similar in the adult incontinence isle of the grocery store. I just pack a couple with me and discretely place under the bottom sheet of the bed. My daughter might still get the sheet wet, but the mattress isnt ruined and the steward can just change the sheets.

That might be an option for you.

Jaimee

A few years ago we went on a family cruise. In one room was my 15 y/o son and 17y/o and 12y/o nephews. The 17y/o accidentally spilled lemonade on the 12y/o's bed on the 2nd day. The rest of the trip the steward kept a water-proof liner on the bed below the sheet.

How about a combo? Adult diapers and waterproof mattress pad cover or pads.

Also don't forget to notify your cabin steward if an accident happens you are not covering the sheet just the mattress. They don't change the sheets every day.

Good luck.

Yep, he'll be 16 on the trip so pull ups are probably not gonna be something he wants to do even with the adult ones. And he's a BIG guy. I'll call Carnival, but just thought someone might have had some experience with this already. Kinda didn't want to have to mention it if I didn't have to.

My 10 yo daughter is a bedwetter. Every night. She's almost adult size, but she can still wear "Goodnights" in the xl size. The problem is, she leaks through them at least once a week. At home we have a waterproof mattress pad. But, in hotels, grandmas and on cruises, we don't have that luxury. So, when we travel we use disposable bed liners called chux- Here is an example off amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Disposable-Blue-Underpad-Chux-23x36/dp/B000FA05Y6

Frequently they sell something similar in the adult incontinence isle of the grocery store. I just pack a couple with me and discretely place under the bottom sheet of the bed. My daughter might still get the sheet wet, but the mattress isnt ruined and the steward can just change the sheets.

That might be an option for you.

Jaimee

So far this is the best idea if Carnival doesn't have anything. Thanks!

A few years ago we went on a family cruise. In one room was my 15 y/o son and 17y/o and 12y/o nephews. The 17y/o accidentally spilled lemonade on the 12y/o's bed on the 2nd day. The rest of the trip the steward kept a water-proof liner on the bed below the sheet.

That's good to know. So if we mention it they can probably just put one on the bed to start with.

Yep, he'll be 16 on the trip so pull ups are probably not gonna be something he wants to do even with the adult ones. And he's a BIG guy. I'll call Carnival, but just thought someone might have had some experience with this already. Kinda didn't want to have to mention it if I didn't have to.

Someone needs to work with the young man to help him understand that depends (do NOT call them diapers) are a better option than wetting a bed. Sounds like everyone wants to pretend it doesn't happen. And I have been there and done that. It is more sanitary and less embarassing. But pretending that it is not a problem is not helpful for him. He can put them on himself, cover them with pjs, nobody needs to know about them (even if everyone does). The single argument against them is that they are less unpleasant than a wet bed and it ahs been argued that it can make it easier for people not to develop control.

If he is 16, I certainly would not want to embarrass him and tell him to where Good Nights, Pull Ups or anything else. His parent probably only mentioned it so that you are aware. I'm sure he wouldn't want his friend to know he sometimes wets the bed.

If I was you, I would just ask the steward to put a waterproof liner on his bed just in case an accident does happen. Also, ask the mother what she would think is appropriate to do. Not knowing how often, in this situation, is a big deal!

I have 4 kids and my youngest (now 9) was premature and still wets the bed, she has to wear Good Nights. We have tried everything, including getting up every couple of hours to wake her up to go to the bathroom. Nothing works. This is a very embarrassing issue for her. She doesn't even want to do sleepovers because of it. When she was born, we were told she probably would never walk, talk and would have cerebral palsy, but thank goodness bedwetting and a couple of learning disabilities are our only concerns. She is a true blessing to our family. :)

Have a wonderful cruise!!!!!

Not to get off topic, Just a helpful tip I wanted to pass along to my cc friends. My sister's daughter age 10 is a betwetter & very self conscious about it, wont sleep at anyone's house. My sister brought her to a urologist, everything was fine. The dr. put her on these pills and the bedwetting stopped. The dr said he would slowly wean her off the pills, but you can definitely see a change in her self esteem & self confidence. Dr said many children have this. Just passing this along no need to have a child suffer silently when this issue can be fixed in a day. PS. My son's friend had same issue into his teens, took these pills & it stopped.

Not to get off topic, Just a helpful tip I wanted to pass along to my cc friends. My sister's daughter age 10 is a betwetter & very self conscious about it, wont sleep at anyone's house. My sister brought her to a urologist, everything was fine. The dr. put her on these pills and the bedwetting stopped. The dr said he would slowly wean her off the pills, but you can definitely see a change in her self esteem & self confidence. Dr said many children have this. Just passing this along no need to have a child suffer silently when this issue can be fixed in a day. PS. My son's friend had same issue into his teens, took these pills & it stopped.

We tried these pills and they didn't help at all. I don't know how my daughter is able to store so much pee in her little body. Like I said in my previous post, even waking her up every couple of hours, does nothing. We cut her liquids off at 7pm. We have tried everything. Her doctor is actually going to do additional tests in 2 months to see if there is a medical cause.

My son was 18 before he was able to get through the night regularly. Depends allowed him to do sleepovers, and to go to sleepover camp. It also allowed him to sleep through the night. They were tremendously helpful to him in feeling in some control. Getting up in the middle of the night and having to change your wet bed is rather a give away that something has happened. Quietly going into the bathroom and changing the depends is much more private. This is something that the mother needs to take on- not a friend. Or the boys workers, whoever they might be. He isn't doing this because he wants to. But he does have the option of taking some control. But as I mentioned above- do not call them, or treat them, as diapers. They are a tool that he has available to him to help him with a problem.

And yes- we tried medicine, we tried cutting off liquid at 7 or at 5, we tried the alarm systems. But finally he suceeded somehow- it just happened. So for you other parents who are struggling with it- depends and time are your best friends. My son also would resist stopping in restrooms until it was almost too late. And sometimes was too late. During the day. I cannot count the number of times I had to pick him up from school, or a store. And I remember finding alleyways in Italy and hoping that we weren't being too gross but it was that or wet pants. One of the blessings of my life is that I no longer have that issue to worry about!

My son was 18 before he was able to get through the night regularly. Depends allowed him to do sleepovers, and to go to sleepover camp. It also allowed him to sleep through the night. They were tremendously helpful to him in feeling in some control. Getting up in the middle of the night and having to change your wet bed is rather a give away that something has happened. Quietly going into the bathroom and changing the depends is much more private. This is something that the mother needs to take on- not a friend. Or the boys workers, whoever they might be. He isn't doing this because he wants to. But he does have the option of taking some control. But as I mentioned above- do not call them, or treat them, as diapers. They are a tool that he has available to him to help him with a problem.

My daughter wears Good Nights and would NEVER do a sleepover with them. The first issue is that they are not completely "silent" when moving around, not like she wants anyway. The bigger issue is where to put them in the morning...they smell terrible and she would never want a friend or a friend's parent to know that she wears them. She actually decided not to go on a Girl Scout aquarium field trip because of this. I tried to convince her otherwise, but she didn't believe me. Girls are probably a lot more sensitive than boys.

My son had the same problem and all of those ways of helping did not help him either until I did a little web surfing and found a bedwetting alarm. It worked miracles!! Within a month he was able to wake himself up and use the restroom. All it was was that his brain had no clue what his bladder was telling him, and this helped get the message to it. You can find it on amazon or ebay and it is called: malem ultimate bedwetting alarm

My daughter wears Good Nights and would NEVER do a sleepover with them. The first issue is that they are not completely "silent" when moving around, not like she wants anyway. The bigger issue is where to put them in the morning...they smell terrible and she would never want a friend or a friend's parent to know that she wears them. She actually decided not to go on a Girl Scout aquarium field trip because of this. I tried to convince her otherwise, but she didn't believe me. Girls are probably a lot more sensitive than boys.

give her a large plastic ziplock bag and a plastic bag. Tell her to bring her tote into the bathroom with her. Her friends may be more aware of it than she realizes and will not say anything. Other brands may be more "silent". And let her know that the time will come when it is not an issue. And yes you may be right about girls. But all the encouragement she can get will help.

Archived