Lido Deck cabin on Caribbean Princess

rcarrosq

We are booked on this ship for the 14 day southern route out of San Juan in April. This is our 18th cruise but only our second one with Princess. We just got our cabin assignment and it's L105:eek: I looked at the deck plan and this cabin is pretty close to the bow. I called my PVP but nothing midship is available.

Has anyone here ever been that close to the bow? I know if the sea gets rough you can feel all the pitch and sway. If you've occupied this cabin or had a cabin close to the bow on Lido, please let me know how it was. I'm a bit nervous about this.

L105 is an inside cabin. A really nice thing about it is your access to the view deck over the navigator area. You reach it by going forward past L104 or L103 and through the doors. Doors locked when really at sea, but the area is open when coming into or out of any port, including sailaway. It is a public area, not owned by the oceanview cabins that border it.

Kind of never anyone there, including the people (us) in the oceanview cabins. For an inside, can't beat L105 (except for maybe the walk to the elevator). From 104 we didn't feel more motion than any other cabin, just don't sail in hurricanes.

Gotta love the lido deck no matter what room.

Hi

We explored that front area when we were on the Ruby last week. My husband almost booked one of them. There is a balcony area below the "equipment" on the higher area. We would have booked an outside at the end, but, really, you can see through to the front of the bow. We've been in E304 (I think) that was right at the top of the stairs from the Promenade Deck. The windows are tinted so that we can see out but you can't see in (unless you really put your face up to the glass and stare). That wasn't too bad, either. When we take another cruise we might choose one of those Lido cabins. Hubby put a guaranteed obstructed view and we got upgraded to the Plaza Deck with a window. Our 3rd time there.

The only disadvantage of being so far forward is that most activities are midships or aft so you'll have a nice walk everywhere.

Lynne

We are booked on this ship for the 14 day southern route out of San Juan in April. This is our 18th cruise but only our second one with Princess. We just got our cabin assignment and it's L105:eek: I looked at the deck plan and this cabin is pretty close to the bow. I called my PVP but nothing midship is available.

Has anyone here ever been that close to the bow? I know if the sea gets rough you can feel all the pitch and sway. If you've occupied this cabin or had a cabin close to the bow on Lido, please let me know how it was. I'm a bit nervous about this.

Which date are you sailing? April 1st has better location and April 8th has much better locations. If April 15th; all sold out.

We stayed in L107 on Ruby (directly across the hall from L105) a couple of years ago. We didn't notice any more motion than normal, but, as a previous poster has pointed out, it is quite a walk to midship activities.

Thanks to everyone who replied:) I feel so much better about the cabin. We are sailing on April 15th and the only thing that was worrying us was the possible motion being so far forward. We really don't mind the walk to midship because its a good way to get some exercise after indulging in all the good food. We are really looking forward to this one because my husband has family on 3 of the islands and we are celebrating his 65th birthday.

Thanks again for the info

• 5 months later...
L105 is an inside cabin. A really nice thing about it is your access to the view deck over the navigator area. You reach it by going forward past L104 or L103 and through the doors. Doors locked when really at sea, but the area is open when coming into or out of any port, including sailaway. It is a public area, not owned by the oceanview cabins that border it.

More times then none its locked for the entire voyage lately.

Before freaking out over "bow" cabins, stop and look beyond the deck plan. While a cabin such as L105 may be as far forward as a cabin can get, it is not "at the bow". It is much further from the bow than R711 and R712 are from the stern. Would you worry about the ship's movement in R712? On the principle that motion becomes less pronounced the closer one moves to mid-ship, always keep in mind that mid-ship refers to the actual middle of the ship. Not the middle of the usable public area shown in color on the deck plan. You have to include the unused fore sections as well. L105 is closer to mid ship than the aft elevators are. In fact, down on Riviera, if you got a cabin as far from the aft as you are from the bow, you'd be in the first BB cabin. People generally don't worry about those!

Archived