Live from the independence

Jason12

Hi we are sailing after you.

What time did people start arriving at Southampton do you know? If you arrive 11.30 ish do you know if the car park is open to take the cars.

Enjoy yourselves :):):)

We have been there at 9am and they have started taking cars but check in isn't open. But traffic does build up around 11am.

CK x

thank you for taking the time to blog, we are off on indy for the first time doing the canaries route in april, it just looks fantastic and you look like you all had a fab time.

just one question which dolphin trip did you do was that in madeira?

sorry i am being a dippy forum person and not reading all the comments - answers found dont worry thank you

thank you for taking the time to blog, we are off on indy for the first time doing the canaries route in april, it just looks fantastic and you look like you all had a fab time.

just one question which dolphin trip did you do was that in madeira?

sorry i am being a dippy forum person and not reading all the comments - answers found dont worry thank you

Yes Maderia

Jason

Thanks for answering my questions

How many formal nights are there on the 11 night cruise. I did see it somewhere and can't for the life of me find where now.

There are 2 with the 3rd being at the discretion of the captain. Normally day 2 and day 6 (sometimes day 5 depending on sailing length)

Jason may be able to tell us the exacts days from his sailing

There are 2 with the 3rd being at the discretion of the captain. Normally day 2 and day 6 (sometimes day 5 depending on sailing length)

Jason may be able to tell us the exacts days from his sailing

There was three, day 2, day 5 and day 9

Jason

Thanks for answering my questions

How many formal nights are there on the 11 night cruise. I did see it somewhere and can't for the life of me find where now.

Check out this thread. http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1568653

I have put up the cruise compasses for the Indy 11 night Canaries. It's only the front cover and back page as the info in the middle changes every day every cruise.

CK x

Jason - can you (or anyone else) clarify the free drinks available at the soda fountains etc? Am i right in thinking there is free lemonade? if so is it decent quality?

Think it's Coke, Diet Coke and Sprite. I drink Diet Coke, other half drinks Coke so not 100% sure about the Sprite but I have had a look through old Sea Pass cards and the sticker they used to use to show you had the soda package was a Sprite sticker.

Pretty sure it is included.

CK x

Think it's Coke, Diet Coke and Sprite. I drink Diet Coke, other half drinks Coke so not 100% sure about the Sprite but I have had a look through old Sea Pass cards and the sticker they used to use to show you had the soda package was a Sprite sticker.

Pretty sure it is included.

CK x

Thanks - how about free drinks in Windjammer etc. Are there any sodas at the refill stations or is it just tea/coffee/water?

Thanks - how about free drinks in Windjammer etc. Are there any sodas at the refill stations or is it just tea/coffee/water?

You can ask one of the crew who are walking round the windjammer and they will go and get the drink for you after showing them your sea pass card of course. The also do come round with tea and coffee so just stop them and they will fill up the cup for you. Also they do squash drinks as well. They do lemonade but not the fizzy stuff, well I think it was lemonade and we also like what we call the purple one. That's nice and refreshing in the morning.

CK x

Jason - can you (or anyone else) clarify the free drinks available at the soda fountains etc? Am i right in thinking there is free lemonade? if so is it decent quality?

The fizzy drinks aren't free , if you want coke or sprite etc you have to show your sea pass card and the drinks are charged to your account , the free drinks are in the windjammer on trays at the drinks stations , it's a fruit type squash , an iced tea and a still lime tasting drink , you also get free orange in the mornings only at breakfast they are also on trays at the drink stations , do not take the fresh squeezed orange that the waiters come round with as these you have to pay for , hope this helps , oh and you can ask for iced water free at any bar ,it's only bottled water you have to pay for .

Jason, is there any chance you can remember which shows were on which nights? We sail in just over a week and are hoping to book a babysitter a couple of nights and see some shows 'adults only'.

Thanks!

I will put pictures of the compass on my blog tomorrow..

I will put pictures of the compass on my blog tomorrow..

Thank you very much Jason, we would really appreciate that. The Compasses that Cruise Kitten posted on another thread gave the times of the shows but not what the actual shows were on each night

Thanks for the info Jason. Was the comedian in the theatre? I didn't realise that some of the shows were that late. It sounds like one that would be worth getting a babysitter for.

I plan on going to the Ice shows too ... can I ask atre there 2 different ones or are they all the same do you remember? And are tickets for all the shows allocated at the one time?

Thanks for all your help!

Thanks for the info Jason. Was the comedian in the theatre? I didn't realise that some of the shows were that late. It sounds like one that would be worth getting a babysitter for.

I plan on going to the Ice shows too ... can I ask atre there 2 different ones or are they all the same do you remember? And are tickets for all the shows allocated at the one time?

Thanks for all your help!

Yes in the theatre and you only get tickets for the ice show only one and all other shows it's first come get the best seats.

Thank you very much Jason, we would really appreciate that. The Compasses that Cruise Kitten posted on another thread gave the times of the shows but not what the actual shows were on each night

I shall be adding more to that post over the weekend as I haven't had time recently, I have many requests for different things. I have a lot of information and not a lot of time unfortunately. Planning my own holidays, running a new business and just general life I haven't found the time but over the weekend I shall be posting: Cruise specials, the inside of the cruise compass, the info about the alcohol package, the prices for the alcohol package and any other bit's that I have.

Please just bear with me until the end of Saturday, when I should have everything up for you

CK x

I shall be adding more to that post over the weekend as I haven't had time recently, I have many requests for different things. I have a lot of information and not a lot of time unfortunately. Planning my own holidays, running a new business and just general life I haven't found the time but over the weekend I shall be posting: Cruise specials, the inside of the cruise compass, the info about the alcohol package, the prices for the alcohol package and any other bit's that I have.

Please just bear with me until the end of Saturday, when I should have everything up for you

CK x

Oh gosh CK, I don't even know how you had the time to post the Compasses you did already ... there never seems to be enough hours in the day for me anyways:o ... Those Compasses have been extremely helpful in our planning and I am very grateful to you along with many more CCers I'm sure to you for going to all the trouble of posting them. Please don't think me ungrateful for all your hard work and thank you again! OM

Archived