ordering more than one entre

I've never seen a problem with it. There's been a few times when someone has thought two main entree's looked good and couldn't decide, so they asked that two main entree's be put on one plate and leave the sides dishes off.

My husband orders two entrees all the time. Either two of the same or two different ones. You can have two desserts, too!! I'm sure you can have as much as you want at Johnny Rockets, but have never tried Chops or Portifinos.

Every waiter we've ever had seems almost insulted if you didn't order lots to eat. If we skipped the appetizer or the salad they would almost seem apologetic thinking we didn't think the food was good. When we say something is good they always ask if we would like more. One night we couldn't decide which desert we wanted and the waiter must have heard us talking so he brought one of everything...he didn't want us to leave the dining room disappointed we hadn't tried something. So, order to your hearts desire, it's a great compliment to them.

If I even look like I can't decide on what to order, my waiter (on every occasion) will either "suggest" that I get both items, or will bring them both whether requested or not!!! I had such a hard time deciding on dessert a few years ago, that I jokingly said I wanted them all - and guess what! He BROUGHT them all ! (with a number of forks for the rest of the table to try!!!).

Please order what you want, everyone really wants to please you, and there is more than enough for everyone (of course, if you don't want the sides, have them withheld).

Don't forget the appetizers! There are times I'll have a cold soup followed by a hot one. As a matter of fact, I always have two appetizers and pass on the salad. As folks have said, don't worry - go for it....... just remember to use the stairs instead of the elevator after dinner

Several times when I've had trouble deciding, I've asked our waiter to bring me 1/2 size portions or one regular one and a "taste" of another. This has worked for me. I really hate to waste food and don't want to waist it either. For example, one night the chicken sounded good, but so did the pasta. I asked for the chicken with a taste of pasta. I received the regular chicken plate and a small (cup) size pasta. The waiter said to me, "I'm happy to bring you seconds on the pasta." Also, several times I have not found an entre to my liking. Sometimes I order something off the alternate "every night" part of the menu. Other times, I've made a meal out of 2 soups, a salad, and a hot appetizer. I've never found these "deviations" from the norm to be a problem.

beachchick

My husband loves shrimp cocktail. They had it on the menu the first night and he said he wish they had it on the menu everynight. The waiter brought it to him everynight, even if it wasn't on the menu,.

Do they disapprove of ordering more than 1 entre at dinner? Or do they expect it? what has been your experience?

Although it´s no problem to order what you want and how much you want and the waiters will be more than happy to serve you everything you order I wouldn´t go that far to say it´s expected to order more than one;)

On The Serenade we were travelling with a group of 10. On lobster night we all asked for extra tails and the waiter literally brought us a PLATTER of tails for the table and still offered us more if we wanted....we were all stuffed though but there were NO leftovers thats for sure!!

On our cruise on Vison out of Alaska in 2003, our head waiter Hernan, lied to us and told us we could not and that he would get in trouble if they saw it there on the table. Like a fool I believed him and did not challenge it with his superiors or other staff. When I got back here on the boards and found there was no policy change and that even others on the same ship and seating had no problems, I was rather "angry" with being lied to by Hernan. I really hope he is no longer working on a cruise ship anywhere.

Although it´s no problem to order what you want and how much you want and the waiters will be more than happy to serve you everything you order I wouldn´t go that far to say it´s expected to order more than one;)

Agree!

Hmmmm, could this be why 65% of us are overweight? :eek:

###

I was under the impression that ordering extra in Chops or Portofino's would result in being charged extra. Anyone know? Not that I could have eaten any more. I was stuffed with just one of each course!

Order as much as you want. One night my table of 6 had 15 appetizers, 12 entrees, and 14 desserts. On lobster night, our waitress expected us to order multiple lobsters and had them waiting for us (the previous cruise she had a man order 12 lobster tails).

I was under the impression that ordering extra in Chops or Portofino's would result in being charged extra. Anyone know? Not that I could have eaten any more. I was stuffed with just one of each course!

As far as I know, the fee for Chops and Portofinos covers as much as you want to eat with no additional charges for additional items (except soda and alcohol of course).

beachchick

Archived