Requesting a table location

Keystone Cruiser

I don't know. Hard to believe you could since wouldn't there be a huge rush to request window tables? Having said that, if we are seated upstairs agains I will request a downstairs table- we had a miserable table on the Dream and it made dinner times really less than pleasant, especially since we had a very poor waiter also.

Sure you can always request your preference. If it's for dinner in the main dining room for early or late seating, just visit the Maitre D when you get on board on sailing day. He will take your request and try to arrange it. It may not happen for the first day, but usually they honor your request within the next day or so.

If you're talking about breakfast, lunch or dinner with anytime dining, just tell the hostess when you check in a the stand each time.

If you're talking about breakfast, lunch or dinner with anytime dining, just tell the hostess when you check in a the stand each time.

Last time I cruised breakfast and lunch were open seating nothing to do with ATD has this changed?

My wife and I are VIP and will be doing our 15th Carnival cruise on the Freedom in the next few weeks. You can request timing for your dining when booking and we always got what we requested. On the other hand, we always requested a table for 8 or at least 6. It does not seem to matter. On various cruises, we have been assigned a table for 2, 4, 6 and 8. You can request a change on the first dining day but it won't be processed until the next day.

On one cruise we requested a change to a larger table. We were changed to a table for 8 with 2 other couples attending. The following day, there was one couple. You guessed it. After that, it was just my wife and I. I know what you are thinking. No, we are nice!

Some people decide to go to the Lido deck for diners and that is just the luck of the draw.

If you look at the deck plans, 3/4 of the window tables are for 8. The other quarter are four tops, next to another four top. So, an intimate table for 2 by the window isn't going to happen. Also, if you have late seating, or go late for My Time, it will be dark anyway. EM

The first thing I do after embarkation is find out when the Maitre D is available for seating requests. They usually have the dining room layouts available, so you can see which dining room you are assigned to, and the size and location of your table. I got spoiled on one cruise when I was randomly assigned to a fantastic window table in the rear dining room. So now that is what I always request! I always do the early seating and enjoy watching the sun set as we dine.

Another way to have dining requests taken care of before boarding is to get in touch with John Heald, Carnival's good will ambassador. You can leave him a message on facebook and/or do an Ask John on his blog: http://johnhealdsblog.com/

We just requested a table for 12 (via facebook) on our Pride cruise, leaving THIS SUNDAY :D, and he confirmed the request.

Another way to have dining requests taken care of before boarding is to get in touch with John Heald, Carnival's good will ambassador. You can leave him a message on facebook and/or do an Ask John on his blog: http://johnhealdsblog.com/

We just requested a table for 12 (via facebook) on our Pride cruise, leaving THIS SUNDAY :D, and he confirmed the request.

Make sure you are extremely rude to him and don't use please or thank you. That will guarantee your request. :rolleyes:

My wife and I are VIP and will be doing our 15th Carnival cruise on the Freedom in the next few weeks. You can request timing for your dining when booking and we always got what we requested. On the other hand, we always requested a table for 8 or at least 6. It does not seem to matter. On various cruises, we have been assigned a table for 2, 4, 6 and 8. You can request a change on the first dining day but it won't be processed until the next day.

On one cruise we requested a change to a larger table. We were changed to a table for 8 with 2 other couples attending. The following day, there was one couple. You guessed it. After that, it was just my wife and I. I know what you are thinking. No, we are nice!

Some people decide to go to the Lido deck for diners and that is just the luck of the draw.

We are also vip and get the times we want but for some reason almost always get assigned a table for 2 even though we request a large table when booking.

Asked the MD on Valor last week and he says he only knows age and marital status and not table size request.

Archived