Upgrade family oceanview to superior balcony

Peterh

Today I saw that RCL changed our reservation for our FO stateroom on THE navigator, leaving tomorrow, to a superior balcony stateroom. We are with the two of us. Is that a good "upgrade"?

Today I saw that RCL changed our reservation for our FO stateroom on THE navigator, leaving tomorrow, to a superior balcony stateroom. We are with the two of us. Is that a good "upgrade"?

For my money you can't beat a balcony stateroom. So I would say YES it is a good upgrade.:D

Enjoy your cruise.

Kathy

Which cabin numbers?

Just to clarify, you will only have a total of 2 people in the room?

If so a balcony will be great. Although the FO rooms are bigger than the balconies so you will lose space, but with the FO's being at the very front of the ship you would feel the motion much more in them than any other room.

Which cabin numbers?

Just to clarify, you will only have a total of 2 people in the room?

If so a balcony will be great. Although the FO rooms are bigger than the balconies so you will lose space, but with the FO's being at the very front of the ship you would feel the motion much more in them than any other room.

From 6200 to 6350. This was our first time in an oceanview, normally we have balcony staterooms, we now booked it for the space. Can we still ask to book us back to the family oceanview?

From 6200 to 6350. This was our first time in an oceanview, normally we have balcony staterooms, we now booked it for the space. Can we still ask to book us back to the family oceanview?

You can always ask but it probably won't happen . The FO cabins are specifically designed for larger families. I'm really suprised you were even able to book a FO cabin for just 2 people when they are designed to hold 4-6 depending on the ship. You were most likely relocated because a Family actually needed the FO cabin you booked.

Booking a FO cabin that's specifically designed to hold 4-6 people (depending on the ship) for 2 people just to get the extra is not unlike an able body person booking a HC cabin for the same reason. Unless of course booking occurred after the final payment period and all unsold cabins have been open for sale.

Booking a FO cabin that's specifically designed to hold 4-6 people (depending on the ship) for 2 people just to get the extra is not unlike an able body person booking a HC cabin for the same reason. Unless of course booking occurred after the final payment period and all unsold cabins have been open for sale.

Actually I think it is very different.

You have 4 in the FO right?

It will definatly be tighter in the E1 the balcony is great but we loved the extra space in the FO. The "bunk room" is perfect for kids and gives way more privacy than a balcony IMO. Not a Upgrade if you are 4 people IMO.

Not even close to being the same.

So, when I tried to book my family of five in a FO on Voyager and was told that there were none available and that we would have to book two cabins, did they look at the occupancy of the FO's? If they had found an FO with two people, they would have bumped them and given it to us?

Wouldn't the same apply then to connecting rooms. We found several connecting rooms that we wanted to book, but in every case, one of the rooms was already booked. I asked why they wouldn't hold the connecting rooms for those who want to have connecting rooms, like families. Using the same logic on the FO bump, why didn't they bump someone from one of the connecting rooms so we could have them both?

I had both my TA and two different RCI agents look for FO's, but we ended up in two adjoining balconies for more $$. At first I wasn't happy, but then the extra bathroom and privacy outweighed the $$.

I just went from a inside to a family oceanview, i booked it a few weeks ago since I saw it come available on our sailing

we sail on 2/26 theres only 3 of us

so is there a chance we can get bumped?

We booked the FO 2 weeks ago after it came available, my TA called RCL if it was ok to book the FO for 2 persons and it was no problem! I paid for it and got THE confirmation on my set sail pass. let's see what they say tomorrow when checking in

We booked the FO 2 weeks ago after it came available, my TA called RCL if it was ok to book the FO for 2 persons and it was no problem! I paid for it and got THE confirmation on my set sail pass. let's see what they say tomorrow when checking in

wow thats crazy that they can do that,

I know before when i was checking on this room ,before it was available they told me that they only book it for 5 or more, but then they told me, that right before sailing they release them if they arent booked to anyone..

I would be kinda upset, these rooms are pretty huge and a great deal,

I hope you still get to keep yours,

have a great cruise

Archived