American Express

matt082600

On my amex card I can use points for everyday purchases. I just put the charge on my amex and then click the link on line to apply points and presto chango, they apply a credit. Very easy, but not the most efficient use of points.

I got a much better use of points by using them to buy my airfare when I booked directly through Amex. I used amex's link online to reserve my airfare and then selected "pay with points".

Jaimee

I too have used Amex MR points to pay for travel booked via the Amex Travel web site but I don't know if you can use those points toward final cruise balance payment. I'm not sure how that would work unless maybe you used an Amex TA to book your cruise? :confused:

Related: Amex points also transfer generously to some other companies loyalty programs. Jetblue (Trueblue program) is a perfect example.

My parents booked a cruise once completely with Amex points and they had to use an Amex TA (rather than our regular TA) for that transaction. I assume they could have also just done it on the Amex travel site (as others have mentioned above), but they like having a TA.

Archived