Ladies, show me your cruise dress!

ajhunt2

Thank you everyone! Based on your feedback, I ordered this dress today! I can't wait to get it in the mail! I really appreciate the help. As I said, this is my first ever cruise. :) 86 days!

You made a wise decision, the red will look fantastic with your dark hair!

Enjoy the cruise! :)

I'm also considering these options:

ScreenShot2012-02-23at40842AM.png

ScreenShot2012-02-23at41031AM.png

ScreenShot2012-02-23at41146AM.png

ScreenShot2012-02-23at41443AM.png

ScreenShot2012-02-23at41528AM.png

A little about me: I'm average height, have long dark hair (I mention this because it makes red look best on me), and am "gifted" in the chest area. So something that emphasizes the bust does not work well for me as they make me look even larger.

Tell me which you like best!!!! I need help as this is my first ever cruise!

Because of my G cup size ( didn't know they even went that big til I was properly measured in HS ) I can't do strapless. The girls don't get support in a strapless bra. So I'm super duper jealous. Three is adorable and four is drop dead sexy.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Edited by TriciaEMTB

Because of my G cup size ( didn't know they even went that big til I was properly measured in HS ) I can't do strapless. The girls don't get support in a strapless bra. So I'm super duper jealous. Three is adorable and four is drop dead sexy.

Lane Bryant makes great strapless bras for girls like us!! I feel your pain, I just found out about their bras recently. They start to hurt the area below the bra line if you wear them too long though.

Thanks for the feedback! I purchased the red one yesterday. I'll try to post a pic on here (on me) once it arrives!

Lane Bryant makes great strapless bras for girls like us!! I feel your pain, I just found out about their bras recently. They start to hurt the area below the bra line if you wear them too long though.

Thanks for the feedback! I purchased the red one yesterday. I'll try to post a pic on here (on me) once it arrives!

I've tried them. They just don't support like a strapped bra.

Ok girls, this isn't formal dress but check this out

I am making this for cruise

3 skeins of yarn at 4.50 each

It looks like a sweater but it's actually a shawl with a collar and pockets

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1330393696.623439.jpg.5c3e0eecab40209496d3cf53575ede4e.jpg

The pix doesn't do colors justice

Yarn color is bright and kind of metallic looking

Blue tone for main area and berry tones for collar

Wil post pix when I am done

Bought a garment bag today for dresses

Only 1.5 months to go

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1330393676.226843.jpg.be80d3290dc6b4f6cc35b52a2cc550a0.jpg

I feel you, Tricia. I wear a 46G/46H depending on the manufacturer. Until recently, my only choice when it came to strapless bras were longlines, which I HATE wearing. I finally bought this one: Elila strapless bra. This bra amazed me. I tried it on, and then just kept it on. It definitely held the girls up to an acceptable level and was VERY supportive. It is not a plunge bra, though, so you won't get as much cleavage. After hubby got home, I told him "Let me show you my new bra". I took of my shirt and sat there. He looked at it a moment and was about to give me a "that's nice hon", but then he looked again. "Where are the straps?" "There aren't any, it's a strapless bra". (There actually are detachable straps) He stared at me a moment and then said "That's an impressive piece of engineering".

I feel you, Tricia. I wear a 46G/46H depending on the manufacturer. Until recently, my only choice when it came to strapless bras were longlines, which I HATE wearing. I finally bought this one: Elila strapless bra. This bra amazed me. I tried it on, and then just kept it on. It definitely held the girls up to an acceptable level and was VERY supportive. It is not a plunge bra, though, so you won't get as much cleavage. After hubby got home, I told him "Let me show you my new bra". I took of my shirt and sat there. He looked at it a moment and was about to give me a "that's nice hon", but then he looked again. "Where are the straps?" "There aren't any, it's a strapless bra". (There actually are detachable straps) He stared at me a moment and then said "That's an impressive piece of engineering".

Aren't men funny? ;)

I think everyone has gone cruising but me

Sniff sniff

Still about 6 weeks for me

I sure hope everyone post pix when they get back

booboo2000 i noticed on another thread that you were from yuma. We are too and i was just wondering whereabouts in yuma. Welive at YPG.

Do you feel like it's a small G or a large G?? I'm a 38GG, so I wondering if I should give the G or H a try.

Do you feel like it's a small G or a large G?? I'm a 38GG, so I wondering if I should give the G or H a try.

I actually got the 46H and I thought it was a little big (There are four rows of hooks, and from what I understand you're supposed to start at the outermost set and work inward as the elastic loosens.) I cinched it on the second to last row of hooks. I didn't send it back because the cups themselves fit wonderfully, and I was afraid that a G would end up with my cups running over (never a good look). If it doesn't fit, send it back and get a better size!

Also, I think Herroom.com or possibly Lady Grace may have a better price on that bra.

ETA: I also am not going to worry about the elastic too much because I'll probably only wear it a few times a year. I would have sent it back if it were a daily use bra.

Edited by lotusbogardi
See note

I actually got the 46H and I thought it was a little big (There are four rows of hooks, and from what I understand you're supposed to start at the outermost set and work inward as the elastic loosens.) I cinched it on the second to last row of hooks. I didn't send it back because the cups themselves fit wonderfully, and I was afraid that a G would end up with my cups running over (never a good look). If it doesn't fit, send it back and get a better size!

Also, I think Herroom.com or possibly Lady Grace may have a better price on that bra.

Oooo, thanks!

I'll check those sites out. I've been ordering from Bravissimo the last 4 or 5 times I've bought any bras or swimsuits.

booboo2000 i noticed on another thread that you were from yuma. We are too and i was just wondering whereabouts in yuma. Welive at YPG.

Below the hospital

Actually my mom and stepdad live there

I stay there part time

I work on the road and go to Yuma about every 5-6 weeks

Except next trip

San Diego pier

Yea!

And I bought another dress yesterday.... My sis in law says I have an addicition now. But this is a really cute and can totally wear again for work. This probably won't be a formal night dress but may wear it to the steakhouse