Miami Hotel ideas for kids

blackjackz

Posted this in the wrong place, sorry to post it again....

We are cruising in May out of Miami, but getting there 2 days early since we have never been to Miami. I have been reading about all of the hotel options, and it is a bit overwhelming with all of the choices.

For us and the 2 kids, ages 10 and 8, I am looking for some ideas. Not sure whether to stay near the beach, the airport, POM, or anywhere else.

Not exactly looking for a budget hotel, just something the kids will enjoy for a couple of days.

Thanks.

Check out the Doubletree or the Marriott Biscayne Bay. Both offer some rooms with a view of the port, nice pool areas, and are resonably close to South Beach which you and your kids should enjoy during the day. Good luck! :)

my kids (similar ages) LOVED the Holiday Inn-POM and the Marriott Biscayne Bay. I think the Marriott was probably the nicest hotel I've ever stayed in. We requested, and got, a room with the view of the harbor. On the top floor. The night vistas were as awesome as the sunrise ones. My daughter even spotted a MANATEE from the 26th floor in the little harbor below the morning of our cruise. We hopped cab down to South Beach/Lincoln Rd the night before to people watch, grab a bite at Pizza Rustica (awesome pizza, UNBEATABLE prices) and our last minute items from the CVS down there. If you go during the day, you can also walk along the beach. My kids LOVE Miami, LOL.

2778160480071447156S500x500Q85.jpg

2238647710071447156S500x500Q85.jpg

2861909060071447156S500x500Q85.jpg

2301024010071447156S500x500Q85.jpg

I don't know what your price range is, but thie Marriott has the Blue Lagoon Water park and other added activities for kids. I have not stayed there but it looks like a lot of fun for adults too.

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/hotel-information/fitness-center/miadl-doral-golf-resort-and-spa-a-marriott-resort/

Here is a list of some other kid-friendly hotels in Miami

http://www.miamikids.net/miami_hotels/miami_hotels_landing.htm

:):)

Posted this in the wrong place, sorry to post it again....

We are cruising in May out of Miami, but getting there 2 days early since we have never been to Miami. I have been reading about all of the hotel options, and it is a bit overwhelming with all of the choices.

For us and the 2 kids, ages 10 and 8, I am looking for some ideas. Not sure whether to stay near the beach, the airport, POM, or anywhere else.

Not exactly looking for a budget hotel, just something the kids will enjoy for a couple of days.

Thanks.

Definitely stay on the beach! Kids LOVE the ocean! My favorite would be the Ritz-Carlton Key Biscayne and they have a dynamite kids program.

Archived