Parking at Port Canaveral

allensinfl1

Can anyone tell me what is the earliest time that you can park in the garage near Terminal 8? Do they close the garage to incoming passengers until they've cleared the returning ship?

It's my understanding, that new arrivals/cruisers are not allowed into the parking structure until 10:45-10:50.

:)

• 1 month later...

Technically the parking deck doesn't open to anyone new until 11:00 am. If the deck has cleared out they will sometimes allow people in starting around 10:45, but that's not guaranteed. That's official and posted on the Port Canaveral web site someplace.

This must not pertain to the shuttles coming from the local hotels because the last two times we sailed out of PC we had a 10:00 shuttle time and were admitted with no problems.....

Happy Sailing!!!

It doesn't apply to Carnival, only DCL.

We used the radisson park and ride and it was ok. Probably would not do it again because on embarkation day it was crowded with folks going on a carnival cruise leaving the same afternoon. Maybe it would have been better if we'd arrived a hour or two earlier (arrived around 12:30). But in general it was a feeling of being in a cattle herd; wifey was not enthused...i'm typically the cheapskate, but not sure it was worth saving $60 in this case given the grief I received :-). Disembarkation Was much smoother due to it just being dream passengers.

If you want to utilize this option I'd advise showing up on the early side (10:30) and being prepared for it to take 30-45 minutes to get to the port after parking your car.

If this doesn't bother you, by all means save the $10/day.

Archived