liquor deals? price list?

I was hoping for some examples of actual prices that you have paid for liquors on your cruise.

Of particular interest to me are prices in the on board liquor store OR in ports Nassua, San Juan, St. Thomas and St. Maartan and for whiskey, rum, coffee liquors and maybe gins. Thanks a lot in advance!

Prices on board are good. In ports are usually as good or better. And you can look look around in port and find something a buck or two cheaper, but the prices are all good, so I wouldn't spend hours looking for the best bargain, unless you REALLY like to do that. From my experience they are all pretty close. There was one liqour store in St Thomas that was really good, and although I can't remember the name off hand it was basically right across the street from the port. They had one of the best varieties that I had seen.

We have been to all the islands you have mentioned and hands down the cheapest prices for liquor is St marteen. We love Johnny Walker Blue Label.....in NY it's about $200 a bottle....on the ships around $115.....most islands have it for around $100....St Marteen .....$85. One of the biggest surprises was on Malibu rum......it was cheaper in St MArteen than it was at the factory on Barbados....go figure. They also have the best dirt cheap prices on ciggarettes as well. I would defenitely save your shopping for there.

I agree that St. Martin has the best prices on liquor. If you take the water taxi into town, you will end up near the main street. The main street has several stores that sell liquor. I bought Grey Goose Vodka for $16 a bottle there as opposed to $26 in St. Thomas. Some of the best buys are in little stores that sell liquor as a side-line to other things. Good luck!

katie

We purchased a bottle of Capt Morgan's Private Stock (750 ml) in St. Martin for $7.95....

We also bought some small handpainted bottles of flavored rum (great gifts for some friends at home) at the same little liquor store down one of the alley for (I think) about $5.00.

On the way back to the ship we stopped at a grocery store and found that the liquor prices there were actually a little less... they even had the handpainted bottles of rum. :)

I agree that St Maarten has the best prices by far....We bought Baileys,full litre,for 11.00.The 1.75 ltr of Absolut was 9.00.The ltr of Absolut on the ship was 2 for 19.95.Bicardi Rum,Select and Gold was 2 for 18.95 on board.If you are going to St Maarten wait to get it there.

St. Martin was good...I bought a lot in St. Thomas and they delivered it to the ship...no problem.

Got 1 litre Kahlua for 8.00, rum for less than 7, gin or vodka for about 9 (i forget).

In St. Martin, make sure you try the guavaberry! Let's just say it is, uh...well...if you are sick, you won't be after you drink some!!! (I mean cold, cough, etc.) Get some of that too!

Can you carry the liquor back on board with you and drink it on the ship? How about champagne... are those prices good also?

All Liquor is taken from you as reboard the ship and returned on the last night of the cruise. I believe the champagne prices were good as well but we didn't get any.

Archived