Wine in Downtown Anchorage?

klmorg

Is there anywhere in downtown Anchorage (or Whittier) to pick up a couple bottles of wine? We will not have a car. Thanks!!

In Anchorage, there is Downtown Wine & Spirits (Brown Jug) at 930 West 5th Avenue. Hours are Monday through Saturday 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. and Sunday 12 p.m. to 7 p.m.

Guess there is one store in Whittier that has wine, but a very limited selection. They recently had a store there burn down, so I'm not sure if it was the store with the wine or not.

It would probably be better if you get it in Anchorage.

Susan in Anchorage :)

In Anchorage, there is Downtown Wine & Spirits (Brown Jug) at 930 West 5th Avenue. Hours are Monday through Saturday 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. and Sunday 12 p.m. to 7 p.m.

Guess there is one store in Whittier that has wine, but a very limited selection. They recently had a store there burn down, so I'm not sure if it was the store with the wine or not.

It would probably be better if you get it in Anchorage.

I was going to ask this same question. Susan, how far is Downtown Wine and Spirits from the Captain Hook hotel?

Tim

I was going to ask this same question. Susan, how far is Downtown Wine and Spirits from the Captain Hook hotel?

Tim

Well, if you mean the Captain Cook Hotel :D, it's right across the street. It will be out the south doors.

Does someone know how many bottles of wine you're allowed to bring on a Princess cruise?

Per Princess website you're allowed one bottle of wine or champagne per adult per cabin!

Alcohol Policy

As provided in the Passenger Contract, passengers agree not to bring alcoholic beverages of any kind onboard for consumption, except one bottle of wine or champagne per adult of drinking age (no larger than 750 ml), per voyage.* Princess Cruises reserves the right to remove any alcoholic beverage in excess of above stated policy thresholds from both passenger suitcases and hand-luggage. Alcohol will be stored for safe-keeping during the course of the voyage and will be delivered to the passenger's stateroom on the final day of the cruise.

Consumption of personal wine or champagne is limited to your stateroom. A $15.00 per bottle corkage fee (which is subject to change without notice) will be applied to your shipboard account for any personal wine or champagne consumed in any public area of the ship. Any wines or champagnes supplied from the ship's stock to passengers would not be subject to a corkage fee.

Alcoholic beverages that are purchased duty free from the ship's gift shop, or at ports of call, will be collected for safekeeping and delivered to the passenger's stateroom on the last day of the cruise. A member of the ship's staff will be at the gangway to assist passengers with the storage of their shoreside alcoholic purchases while our Boutiques staff will assist passengers with shipboard alcoholic purchases.

Per Princess website you're allowed one bottle of wine or champagne per adult per cabin!

Alcohol Policy

As provided in the Passenger Contract, passengers agree not to bring alcoholic beverages of any kind onboard for consumption, except one bottle of wine or champagne per adult of drinking age (no larger than 750 ml), per voyage.* Princess Cruises reserves the right to remove any alcoholic beverage in excess of above stated policy thresholds from both passenger suitcases and hand-luggage. Alcohol will be stored for safe-keeping during the course of the voyage and will be delivered to the passenger's stateroom on the final day of the cruise.

Consumption of personal wine or champagne is limited to your stateroom. A $15.00 per bottle corkage fee (which is subject to change without notice) will be applied to your shipboard account for any personal wine or champagne consumed in any public area of the ship. Any wines or champagnes supplied from the ship's stock to passengers would not be subject to a corkage fee.

Alcoholic beverages that are purchased duty free from the ship's gift shop, or at ports of call, will be collected for safekeeping and delivered to the passenger's stateroom on the last day of the cruise. A member of the ship's staff will be at the gangway to assist passengers with the storage of their shoreside alcoholic purchases while our Boutiques staff will assist passengers with shipboard alcoholic purchases.

That being said, the policy is not really enforced. I have seen people walk on with 6 bottles in one of those felt wine tote bags you get at some wine stores. Nothing was said.

Similiar Question..... We will be staying at the Comfort Inn - Ship Creek, right opposite the Train Station.

Does anyone know if there is somewhere within walking distance to buy a couple of bottles of wine?

Similiar Question..... We will be staying at the Comfort Inn - Ship Creek, right opposite the Train Station.

Does anyone know if there is somewhere within walking distance to buy a couple of bottles of wine?

The only liquor store downtown, is the one I mentioned on 5th Avenue - Downtown Wine & Spirits (Brown Jug).

Downtown isn't really that big, but you're staying at the bottom of a pretty substantial hill.

Thanks Susan! I couldn't find their policy! I guess I wasn't looking hard enough :D

Sorry I can't help about the Arbor Mist question or the Ship Creek question! Maybe make a quick call to them? That's the only thing I can think of!!!

The only liquor store downtown, is the one I mentioned on 5th Avenue - Downtown Wine & Spirits (Brown Jug).

Downtown isn't really that big, but you're staying at the bottom of a pretty substantial hill.

Thanks Susan

I guess this will help with a beneficial pre-cruise workout! :)

Thanks Susan! I couldn't find their policy! I guess I wasn't looking hard enough :D

Sorry I can't help about the Arbor Mist question or the Ship Creek question! Maybe make a quick call to them? That's the only thing I can think of!!!

Thank you. :) I am trying to find out through the Arbor Mist Facebook page. I was really hoping I could get some to carry on my cruise. If not I don't know what I'll do. ;)

Archived