C&A question - points

CCJack

Another points question.... I recently booked a cruise, while on the phone with TA and RCL they said I had 29 points... (4 previous 7 day cruises, the first 3 converted to 22 points, and the 4th was in 2011 and added 7 points for 22 total.). they said I was 1 point short of platinum. We went ahead and booked three rooms for our family cruise. Now, when I log in, it shows 32 points. Would these extra points be for the cruise I just booked but have not taken? That doesn't seem right. Do you get points before you cruise? I wonder why it is only 3 points added?

thanks.

Your arithmatic seems off. If you had three cruises at 22 points and added another 7 days that should equal 29 points as your TA said. However, if the cruises were all 7 day, the conversion should have been 21 for the first three. Maybe one was an eight nighter. It was good for us whom had less than 7 night cruises with the conversion as each cruise under 7 night converted to 7 points. Were any in suites where you may have gotten double points. Not only do they not give add your points ahead of time, you usually have to wait a couple to a few weeks to post.

Your arithmatic seems off. If you had three cruises at 22 points and added another 7 days that should equal 29 points as your TA said. However, if the cruises were all 7 day, the conversion should have been 21 for the first three. Maybe one was an eight nighter. It was good for us whom had less than 7 night cruises with the conversion as each cruise under 7 night converted to 7 points. Were any in suites where you may have gotten double points. Not only do they not give add your points ahead of time, you usually have to wait a couple to a few weeks to post.

No their math is right. First three would be 21 points and gold members were given 1 bonus point. Then the next 7 day cruise would give them 29. If they have 32 now then a mistake was probably made by RCI.:eek: With RCI IT dept that seems about right. LOL

OP- You only get points for cruises taken not booked. However if the points stay in your account then you would then be platinum. Log into your My cruises account and see if it lists you as platinum.

3 cruises were converted to 22 cruisepoints regardless of length. So the math of 22 +7 is correct.

To the OP, I have no idea where the 3 points come from, but not from your cruises booked. Most likely the cruisepoint fairy just hit you;)

When the conversion was done those that had 1-4 cruise credits were given 7 cruise points for each credit and then "1" additional point was added as shown in this link RCCL's New C&A Conversion Table

Every C&A level was given additional points after there cruise credits were multiplied by 7........with highest going to D+ who got 13 extra points added to their new totals.

So the OP should have 29 cruise points, but C&A was generous and gave her 32.:confused::eek:

OK thanks... So you helped me figure out why I had 29 points when I booked the cruise and had RCL on the phone. Since then they added 3, maybe it is just luck. The only thing I did since then was link my two minor children on my C&A account. I did not think that would add any points to my account, however....

Okay, I forgot about that extra point they gave during the conversation. Enjoy the extra three points, it could be an IT glitch or not. Say nothing and see what happens when you return from your next cruise.

Check the completed cruises list for everyone linked to your C&A number. The same thing happened to us shortly after the conversion. Somehow a phantom cruise popped onto DW's history which bumped us up by 7 points. :cool: What was weird is that RCI insists she took that cruise, even though she would have had to get off the cruise we were actually on and make it from the mainland to San Juan in time to depart the same evening (without me, BTW).

Sounds like RCI thinks you took a three night cruise for which you have no recollection;) Come to think of it, that happens on a lot of our three night cruises:o

Archived