No rooms available

kelkel2

Trying a mock booking online to see how much a cruise on the liberty would cost us.

I selected balcony, then ES and then forward and then tried to select empress and it says "unavailable" for a standard balcony.

However, if I select past guest rate and do the exact same thing I have 7 rooms to choose from.

Does Carnival save some of these rooms for past guest rates? Why would they do that? I want to book a balcony on the empress deck but I really would like to book ES. Saves me about $100 to book that way. Anyone noticed this before?

Early Saver fares, like all discount booking codes, are capacity controlled... in other words... limited.

That doesn't mean that ES may not reappear as long as your outside that five month/three month window prior to the cruise.

All of this type thing is driven by Carnival's booking engine that routinely reviews the fares and the demand. If the bookings aren't strong additional discounts are added. If the bookings are going well discounts may be ended and/or fares increased.

:)

I have noticed that they save certain cabins for different rates. Sometimes there are only forward cabins available on ES but FunSaver will have the aft and midship cabins on the same deck.

We just moved a 3rd passenger out of our cabin, and while they have plenty of 2 passenger cabins available to move us to in the same category, they told me they can't move us because they don't have any of our rate cabins available. I guess they want you to pay more if you want to pick your stateroom.

ES is officially no longer available on our July cruise.

Archived