Is this cooler/rolling bag ok?

ardt64

Before our Splendor cruise last summer I found a 12x12x12 cooler...exact size allowed at Walmart in the sporting goods dept. for approx $15. I carried it on full of diet coke and water bottles. It has a hard shell interior that won't leak when full of ice. It was checked carefully at embarkation and passed with flying colors. Leaving the ship, I packed a few gifts I was bringing home.

That's why I asked if the 12x12x12 guidelines apply to folded up coolers in checked baggage. I was curious if anybody definitively knows or if it's a matter of they haven't been caught yet.

OK - I think everyone was answering the question assuming you were using it as a piece of luggage (carry on or checked).

If the cooler is folded inside your luggage, no one is going to open your luggage, rumage through your belongings, unfold your cooler and measure it. They Xray the luggage but nothing would indicate to them that there is a folded cooler in there that they'd need to check on. So YES, you can bring it if it is packed inside your luggage along with your clothes then unfold it to use in your room.

And you did not dispute the charge with the cred card company, why? :confused:

You are only allowed to dispute a certian amount of credit card purchases a year..unfortunatly someone took my credit card on a shopping spree on Amazon.uk and I had to file 3 disputes pertaining to that!

It wasn't about the money it was about the principle of it!

We bought a nice rolling soft sided cooler that looks like and could easily be luggage. It is 17 high X10X12. I am sure if it put clothes in it there would be no problem checking it as luggage, but it would certainly work great to bring on our sodas. Any thoughts? I tried to attach a picture but I couldn't figure out how to do that.

Lisa

Sounds a lot like one I have. I did put clothes in it for check in. I had to argue with them to get it passed. If you put sodas in it from the get go, I say no way it'll pass.

I have been following the thread about the illegal coolers and how well they are policed as well as the chair hog thread and how the staff does not interfere at all even if stuff is left on the chair for hours. Why doesn't Carnival let the security people monitor the chairs and let the pool staff check in the coolers. :rolleyes:

I have been following the thread about the illegal coolers and how well they are policed as well as the chair hog thread and how the staff does not interfere at all even if stuff is left on the chair for hours. Why doesn't Carnival let the security people monitor the chairs and let the pool staff check in the coolers. :rolleyes:

Good question!

I also have the cooler with the hard plastic shell. It ensures the cooler will not leak. Eventually, the ones that are just made of plasticized fabric will start leaking.

My cooler gets packed inside my checked duffle bag. Very handy for putting souvenirs in to get home. Gives an extra bit of protection.

Archived