Great Stirrup Caye-Wheelchairs

Rounder

Hi, all,

We did a B2B on the Sun, Jan 14th to 28th. The first week we went to GSC. When, we came ashore i spotted these contraption's. What a great idea. They are made of PVC piping, making them liteweight. Now i remember someone on the board, questioning wheelchair's because of the sand. :eek:

The problem was i forgot my camera, ha, ha, the mind is an aweful thing to waste.:p

Sooooooo the second week off i go to get some photo's. As thing's turned out one of our Cruise Critter's on week two was confined to a wheelchair, and was unaware of them, as are others i am sure. I was on the first tender on a mission, then back to the ship.

The attendent told me they have 12 on the Island, not sure if they can be prebooked thru Guest Services. Silly me, forgot to ask :o

I have to take my hat off to NCL, for the great care they take of their passenger's. :cool:

Hope this help's

DSCF1547.jpg.f2b5332fef8795b86efdea51d218c9f3.jpg

DSCF1544.jpg.d1b86ca902f512171ca174aadeaf75fe.jpg

Hi, all,

We did a B2B on the Sun, Jan 14th to 28th. The first week we went to GSC. When, we came ashore i spotted these contraption's. What a great idea. They are made of PVC piping, making them liteweight. Now i remember someone on the board, questioning wheelchair's because of the sand. :eek:

The problem was i forgot my camera, ha, ha, the mind is an aweful thing to waste.:p

Sooooooo the second week off i go to get some photo's. As thing's turned out one of our Cruise Critter's on week two was confined to a wheelchair, and was unaware of them, as are others i am sure. I was on the first tender on a mission, then back to the ship.

The attendent told me they have 12 on the Island, not sure if they can be prebooked thru Guest Services. Silly me, forgot to ask :o

I have to take my hat off to NCL, for the great care they take of their passenger's. :cool:

Hope this help's

[ATTACH]220735[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]220736[/ATTACH]

Great to know. Perhaps the ships should alert passengers who book handicapped cabins, or tell the stewards to mention these to any of their passengers who use wheelchairs?

I have seen these at different beaches and they are a godsend to those who are wheelchair bound!

...I have to take my hat off to NCL, for the great care they take of their passenger's. :cool:...

I'll tip mine right along with you! Thanks, NCL!

The great folks at NCL helped make my last two cruises with my mother the best two cruises ever.

Archived