Transfering a booking to a TA

cherbear4000

We use the Discover Card cash back bonuses toward our cruises. There is a specific travel agency that you must use to be able to get the discount. The employees at the travel agency are not the brightest and we are unhappy with them. We are trying to book 6 cabins relatively near one another. Some balcony, some inside, some with 3 to a room. The travel agency was unable to find cabins near each other for the sailing we want.

We called Carnival directly to check on cabin availability, and the employee at Carnival was able to find the cabins and give us the cabin numbers to give to the TA. The person at Carnival was so helpful, we feel like he should get credit for the booking, but by booking with the TA we will save around $1000 because of the Discover cash back bonus. Can we book with Carnival and then transfer the bookings? Would the employee at Carnival would still get the credit if we transfer?

If you have to use the TA to book, I dont see how you could book with Carnival and then transfer and use the bonuses?

If it is a regular TA, then you have 60 days I believe to transfer the booking from carnival to a TA.

(RCL only allows 30, so thats why I sometimes forget, but Im pretty sure Carnival is 60 days).

Archived