Dress Code - celebrity constellation

jml783107

Getting ourselves in a bit of a tizz about dress codes, I've read so many differing pieces of advice on the forums. I was going to take 7 dresses and alternate them over the 14 nights - is this over the top for evening wear? Should I be considering taking trousers??? I thought it would be nice to "dress up" each evening. Will I be able to walk around in my 4/5" heels without the worry of slipping??

My husband only possesses SMART shirts with SHORT sleeves - is this acceptable or do we really need to go out and buy him shirts he will never wear again??

I am so looking forward to our cruise but all this fretting about this, that and the other is taking the shine off it somewhat.

The two of you will be just fine - although I'm guessing you're going to realize by Day Three that you've brought along a few too many dresses.

Neat and casual is what you'll see all around you.

No, your husband doesn't need to stock up on shirts he'll never wear again, then again, maybe a sharp new sportshirt for elegant night might please him.

Pardon me - I see you're on a Celebrity Cruise - I missed that - disregard my post please

On a 14 day cruise, you will have three formal nights, and 11 "Smart Casual and above" nights.

Per Celebrity:

Examples of "Smart Casual and Above" attire include:

Ladies: Skirt or pants (no holes, rips or tears) complemented by sweater or blouse.

Gentlemen: Pants (no holes, rips or tears) with sports shirt or sweater. Shirts must have sleeves.

Examples of "Formal" attire include:

Ladies: Cocktail dress, gown, or dressy pantsuit.

Gentlemen: Tuxedo, suit or dinner jacket with slacks

Short sleeved shirts are not formal wear for men. I don't know if you will have problems with your heels or not; yes, if the ship has hit a storm. I think seven dresses are too many, and yes, you may wear pants. I think packing is easier with separates that you can mix up, but do what works for you.

Don't overthink this. Most people will not really be looking at what you are wearing.

Will I be able to walk around in my 4/5" heels without the worry of slipping??

The ship will probably have some rolling, And usually the theatre is accross the ship from the dining room. Why not be comfortable?

Go for all the dresses you can! I do 10 - 16 night cruises and pack as many changes of outfit as there are dinners. Yes overkill but I enjoy it. For your husband; get him 1 good white long sleeved dress shirt to wear under his suit jacket on formal nights, have it cleaned in between. For all other nights short sleeves are fine.

Cheers, h.

Archived