shore advice

trevelyan

Hi everyone, going on Oceana in June 2012 with a disabled Husband and just wondering if anyone can tell me what the access is like going ashore in Naples,Tunisia and Malta for my hubbie on his electric scooter:confused:

Welcome to Cruise Critic Trevelyan. I cannot answer for Tunisia and Naples as I did tours in those places. Malta could be difficult. There is no shuttle bus and you have to get up a steepish hill to get into Valetta. Once in the city, which is beautiful, it is very up and down with the hills. There are HoHo buses close to the ship and on the level, but not sure about disabled access on those.

Can only tell you about Naples! We have berthed at the terminal, which is handy, or bused in to the terminal from a commercial berth some distance away.

All you have to do is cross the road, there is a crossing, but the Italians do not take a lot of notice of red lights, we always wait for a crowd crossing!

Like many ports Naples has it share of unsavoury characters, do not flash valuables around, and preferably keep your money and cruise card in a 'bum' bag or some secured pocket.

We have been several times, and been round the narrow streets without any problem, although we have heard of others being robbed.

Enjoy!

Richard

Archived