Delta lounge ATL terminal B

mspink98

We have a layover of just under two hours in ATL later this month. Unbeknownst to DH, someone I work with gave me two guest passes to the Delta lounge. We won't have a ton of time, but at least we can grab some coffee and a comfortable seat (hopefully). The wifi is a nice bonus, since I'll have my Ipad and will be obsessively checking cruisecritic even more than I am now. :p

Looking at flight info the last couple of days, it appears that our connection to MIA will be departing from B9-ish, and there's a lounge at B10. Perfect!

Just wondering if anyone has any firsthand knowledge of this location. We'll be traveling on a Friday morning. Will we even be able to get in? Is there plenty of seating in this lounge? I have gotten passes for some other lounges and due to small sizes and busy times, we've been more comfortable out in the terminal area with the commoners ;). Hoping that's not the case here.

Sorry but you have the bad luck this trip. The club at B10 is definitely the smallest of the DL clubs at ATL. It just got a major overhaul, but is still significantly smaller than the other clubs.

There is more detailed info at THIS THREAD on FT, along with a SPECIFIC POST on the B10 club. Includes photos from last year, post renovation. That area of the B concourse can get quite busy. I would ask the lady at the entry desk if you can look in to see how busy it is before giving up the passes. Have one of you do the recon and the other wait at the door. If full, you might want to save them for another time.

FWIW, the club at MIA is quite nice for a domestic club, so you might want to use them at the start of your return. Or even at ATL coming back. The MIA club is just past security - turn left towards the shopping area and it is on your left side. Take the elevator upstairs.

Sorry but you have the bad luck this trip. The club at B10 is definitely the smallest of the DL clubs at ATL. It just got a major overhaul, but is still significantly smaller than the other clubs.

I would ask the lady at the entry desk if you can look in to see how busy it is before giving up the passes. Have one of you do the recon and the other wait at the door. If full, you might want to save them for another time.

FlyerTalker is right- the club at B10 IS definitely smaller than most, BUT as always the crowds can vary a lot depending on the time of day, flight schedules, etc. I spent about 2 hours in the the B10 club yesterday and had no problem finding a seat, and throughout the 2 hours, there were always empty seats around me. Also, unlike some of the other clubs where the actual lounge area is out of sight from the check in area, at B10 as soon as you enter the Sky Club doors you can see right in to the club. The lounge area is on the same level as the entry, immediately to your left, and the desk is straight ahead. You'll be able to see how crowded it is before you have to check in. If it's too crowded, you can always try another club; don't feel as though you have to use the one closest to your departure gate. :)

Thanks all! I’ll hope for a gate change and maybe check out the A location if that doesn’t happen. Or who knows, maybe we’ll get lucky and B will be fairly empty that morning.

FYI.... there's a Sky Club at A17, and another upstairs from the "A" foot court. The stairs are toward the back of the food court; at the top of the stairs I think there's a restaurant. Don't stop there though, at the top of the stairs turn left and go down a little hallway and you'll see it, sort of tucked in around the corner.

For the "Centerpoint" club in the A concourse, take the escalator to Chili's. As mentioned, you take a left at the top of the escalator and double back to the club. IMO, this one is generally less crowded than the A17 club, as most folks just go to the one that is on the concourse level. I've timed it and it is less than 2 minutes longer to get to Centerpoint than A17 (and even shorter if you are on the half of the concourse that has to walk past the food court to get to A17).

This is great, thank you all! We fly two weeks from today, and checking today's flight info shows that arrival and departure are on the high end of A. Hopefully that sticks, otherwise with 2 hours we have some time to explore.

This is great, thank you all! We fly two weeks from today, and checking today's flight info shows that arrival and departure are on the high end of A. Hopefully that sticks, otherwise with 2 hours we have some time to explore.

I'll throw in another personal preference, in case you're hungry while exploring and want to eat something more substantial than Sky Club snacks. When I have the time, I prefer the food court in Terminal E. There's a Qdoba Mexican Grill there, and the Asian place there is FAR better, IMHO, than the ones in either A or B.

I'll throw in another personal preference, in case you're hungry while exploring and want to eat something more substantial than Sky Club snacks. When I have the time, I prefer the food court in Terminal E. There's a Qdoba Mexican Grill there, and the Asian place there is FAR better, IMHO, than the ones in either A or B.

And if you have the time, the restaurant "One Flew South" in the center of E is far better than other sit-down venues. As they call themselves, "the first upscale dining experience at the world's busiest airport". The sushi is quite good. Website is HERE. They also have takeaway.

I also like their line: "The restaurant presents an enticing culinary destination for travelers braving the world’s busiest airport."

One Flew South sounds very good! Unfortunately, we're there in the AM. We do fly though ATL fairly often though, since my parents live in Charleston and we go visit them a couple of times a year. Maybe another trip.

In that case, I'd stick with plan A and visit a Sky Club. Unlike the rest of the day when the snacks are truly just snacks (carrots w/ hummus, snack mix, olives, cookies), if you're there for breakfast you can actually piece together a real meal. They have oatmeal (with brown sugar and cinnamon to top it off), mini muffins in several flavors that are quite good, coffee/cappucino/latte, juices, and I think yogurt as well. Enjoy!

The stairs are toward the back of the food court; at the top of the stairs I think there's a restaurant. Don't stop there though, at the top of the stairs turn left and go down a little hallway and you'll see it, sort of tucked in around the corner.g.php

The stairs are toward the back of the food court; at the top of the stairs I think there's a restaurant. Don't stop there though, at the top of the stairs turn left and go down a little hallway and you'll see it, sort of tucked in around the corner.g.php

Did you have a question???

Archived