Sorry - again - ALL INC DRINKS

Blondie008

Okay I have been reading through the various posts but am still confused:

From the UK

19.5 euro package:

Does anyone know precisely what this includes?

Sparkling wine ?

We are not beer drinkers but do drink wine and lots sparkling wine, whereas others in our party are bigger beer drinkers. We know we ALL have to order it if at all.

Mojitos? Bloody Marys?

It does seem very cheap, but trying to find our precisely whether or not we would actually use it.

Not branded drinks..so what kind of vodka would they use?

If anyone has precise up to date info would very much appreciate it

Many thanks!!

From the UK

19.5 euro package:

Sparkling wine ?

We are not beer drinkers but do drink wine and lots sparkling wine, whereas others in our party are bigger beer drinkers. We know we ALL have to order it if at all.

Mojitos? Bloody Marys?

It does seem very cheap, but trying to find our precisely whether or not we would actually use it.

Many thanks!!

I've tried to cut and paste but sorry it didn't work. Someone posted a link so you may want to do a search. Yes, draught beer is included. I believe wine is also included but not Champagne or sparkling wine (the list is rather unclear).

I don't think everyone in your group has to buy the all-inclusive, I think just those sharing a stateroom. I don't see how they would know if you were part of a larger group. I could be wrong and I'm sure someone will come along who will know.

From the UK

19.5 euro package:

Sparkling wine ?

Mojitos? Bloody Marys?

Many thanks!!

Okay we did have this for 5 hours not that we got to drink much of it so I can tell you, at dinner it includes any wine by the glass which is priced at 7 euro or less, beer, soft drink and water.

At the bar you will get a menu anything that does not have a red asterix you can have, you may have most cocktails, non alchoholic cocktails, basic coffees, soft drinks, water, some spirits and beers on tap.

I had the one available on board for a similar price and it was great value. Normally I never buy AI packages as I don't drink that much but this one definitely saved money. I had gallses of Prosecco and Mojitos with the package. Also used it at breakfast to get fresh squeezed orange juice and a cappuccino! I noticed very little that was not included, you just check the menu for the red asterisk. Obviously top end spirits like fine brandies and champagne are not covered.

I'm assuming that you are taking a Mediterranean cruise and, if that is the case, I think you'll find that the package you are referring to is "limited to LUNCH and DINNER SERVICES in the main restaurants and at self-service buffet - it is not valid for the à la cart restaurants."

The AI drinks package is available at £38 per person, per day.

I'm assuming that you are taking a Mediterranean cruise and, if that is the case, I think you'll find that the package you are referring to is "limited to LUNCH and DINNER SERVICES in the main restaurants and at self-service buffet - it is not valid for the à la cart restaurants."

No, its a Baltics cruise, and no mention of lunch limits etc. Price is 19.5 euro per person for use at bars etc too but is not clear on type of drinks...:confused:

I thought I had found a pic somwhere of a menu which has *s on it, but cant find it again now.

I had the one available on board for a similar price and it was great value. Normally I never buy AI packages as I don't drink that much but this one definitely saved money. I had gallses of Prosecco and Mojitos with the package. Also used it at breakfast to get fresh squeezed orange juice and a cappuccino! I noticed very little that was not included, you just check the menu for the red asterisk. Obviously top end spirits like fine brandies and champagne are not covered.

Aw thanks Amo! This sounds like what I found in a pic somewhere but cant find it again. So you could get these drinks at the lido bars etc? And Prosecco WAS included?? My husband wasnt keen on buying AI as we buy a lot of sparkling wine on board, but having just had a 3K bar bill on Carnival..Im thinking...hmmm...watch the purse strings a weeeeeeeeee bit this time :D

So you;d say good huh? Which cruise were you on? We really wont mind paying extra for our "proper" drinks..but at 19.5 euro , its got to be worth it huh if as you say is included?

Not true, you are talking about the old X1 and J2 Drinks Packages.

Ron

Not true, you are talking about the old X1 and J2 Drinks Packages.

Ron

Thanks Ron, this is why I asked for precise info as previous posts and threads hold many confusing issues. Hopefully Amo's is correct and up to date - if so, sounds like a pretty good deal at 19.5 euro each per day. Even 2-3 glasses of wine pretty much cover that... my husband though ONLY drinks sparkling, and he's not a beer drinker. We do love Cosmos and know they wont be included, thats fine. Just trying to assess even as an "extra" if its worth it. Our family are very keen though to have the all incl. Son in law will for sure drink the beer, and daughter the wines... it appears all members of our booking need to have this to dine together (can understand Costa's reasoning on this) and if we dont take it, we kind of deprive the others...

Thanks Ron, this is why I asked for precise info as previous posts and threads hold many confusing issues. Hopefully Amo's is correct and up to date - if so, sounds like a pretty good deal at 19.5 euro each per day. Even 2-3 glasses of wine pretty much cover that... my husband though ONLY drinks sparkling, and he's not a beer drinker. We do love Cosmos and know they wont be included, thats fine. Just trying to assess even as an "extra" if its worth it. Our family are very keen though to have the all incl. Son in law will for sure drink the beer, and daughter the wines... it appears all members of our booking need to have this to dine together (can understand Costa's reasoning on this) and if we dont take it, we kind of deprive the others...

Blondie,

Let me try and recap what the All Inclusive Drinks Package Includes:

a. All drinks under €7.50 (wine and beer by the glass, cocktails, spririts, coffee, special coffees and chcoclate, freshly pressed juices at breakfast)

You could get bottles of wine and beer at dinner time - saves the waiters time.

b. Not included are bottles of wine, champagne, drinks from the mini bar in the cabin.

c. Can be used MDR, buffet, Speciality Restaurant, Samsara & Wellness Restaurants, in every bar including Coffee & Chocolate Bars.

d. The All Inclusive beverages package must be applied to all passengers traveling together with the same booking file number and must be applied

to all passengers who choose to dine together.

Cosmos ar just another cocktail and all cocktails cost €6.75

Attached in the drinks menu.

Have a great cheers - I mean cruise.:)

Ron

Extra All Inclusive.pdf

Blondie,

Let me try and recap what the All Inclusive Drinks Package Includes:

a. All drinks under €7.50 (wine and beer by the glass, cocktails, spririts, coffee, special coffees and chcoclate, freshly pressed juices at breakfast)

You could get bottles of wine and beer at dinner time - saves the waiters time.

b. Not included are bottles of wine, champagne, drinks from the mini bar in the cabin.

c. Can be used MDR, buffet, Speciality Restaurant, Samsara & Wellness Restaurants, in every bar including Coffee & Chocolate Bars.

d. The All Inclusive beverages package must be applied to all passengers traveling together with the same booking file number and must be applied

to all passengers who choose to dine together.

Cosmos ar just another cocktail and all cocktails cost €6.75

Attached in the drinks menu.

Have a great cheers - I mean cruise.:)

Ron

Ron THANK YOU, you're a star!!

A few months yet to drool over, hmmm actually, not that long, 3.5 :)

For sure this is a great deal!!!

I am REALLY excited now, cant wait to hear more news on the NeoRomantica:D

Thanks so much!!!

Ron, thank you so much for posting, this is so helpful! Just booked the all-inclusive for our Serena sailing in two weeks. Grazie!

Have a great cruise, promise us you will come back and tell it "as it all is" and keep us informed of any new up today live info?

BON VOYAGE!!

Ron, thank you so much for posting, this is so helpful! Just booked the all-inclusive for our Serena sailing in two weeks. Grazie!

GiuliaG if you come across a lovely Indian Waiter called Rohan, please tell him I said hello and that Katharine and I got off the Concordia okay :-) he is lovely and full of helpful information on ports as well, he is in the restaurant that serves lunch and breakfast if you are not in there for dinner.

Aw thanks Amo! This sounds like what I found in a pic somewhere but cant find it again. So you could get these drinks at the lido bars etc? And Prosecco WAS included?? My husband wasnt keen on buying AI as we buy a lot of sparkling wine on board, but having just had a 3K bar bill on Carnival..Im thinking...hmmm...watch the purse strings a weeeeeeeeee bit this time :D

So you;d say good huh? Which cruise were you on? We really wont mind paying extra for our "proper" drinks..but at 19.5 euro , its got to be worth it huh if as you say is included?

I was on the New Year Favolosa cruise in the Arabian Gulf. Think it was €19.95 per day + service charge onboard. Drank a fair bit of Prosecco at NY and even ordered glasses for friends and it was no issue at all. Used it in the buffet, back deck pool bar, other bars and restaurants (samsara and Club) and didn't pay extra for anything. The only downside was being on the house wine all the time. Not that there was a problem with the house wine, I usually like to order something different off the menu during the cruise.

I was on the New Year Favolosa cruise in the Arabian Gulf. Think it was €19.95 per day + service charge onboard. Drank a fair bit of Prosecco at NY and even ordered glasses for friends and it was no issue at all. Used it in the buffet, back deck pool bar, other bars and restaurants (samsara and Club) and didn't pay extra for anything. The only downside was being on the house wine all the time. Not that there was a problem with the house wine, I usually like to order something different off the menu during the cruise.

We ve all agreed that even by sticking to the all inc by day, and then having the treats we want in the evening, (ie bottles champagne, special martinis etc) we still will save a fortune..

I did get a "Noo am no waanting tae hear the mention of the word "grey goose" until evenings...

great plan, and thanks for your help!!

I did get a "Noo am no waanting tae hear the mention of the word "grey goose" until evenings...

I love the accent Blondie!

I have a couple of questions that I asked earlier in another post, however that thread was buried.

Is the cost charged to the room or to my credit card if I order it online? It might be a way to use my shareholder credit.

One of us orders Baileys and Coffee and that looks to be a chargeable drink. Is it as easy as ordering a Baileys, and a coffee and then mixing it ourselves? Or would we need to go to two bars, or something like that? Has anyone tried laying down a few well placed Euro notes to help out with this?

We will get the AI either way and it will be a nice change from the X1.

Thanks!

Rob

Thanks for posting the drink list Ron! in another thread it did not come up anymore. We have a total of 6 of us traveling 2 people dont drink alcohol, but it looks like they have lots of NA drinks..We are thinking it may even be worth it for the non alcohol drinkers...

Cappucino, Mineral water and vodka drinks and beer and wine will keep me happy :D

I love the accent Blondie!

I have a couple of questions that I asked earlier in another post, however that thread was buried.

Is the cost charged to the room or to my credit card if I order it online? It might be a way to use my shareholder credit.

One of us orders Baileys and Coffee and that looks to be a chargeable drink. Is it as easy as ordering a Baileys, and a coffee and then mixing it ourselves? Or would we need to go to two bars, or something like that? Has anyone tried laying down a few well placed Euro notes to help out with this?

We will get the AI either way and it will be a nice change from the X1.

Thanks!

Rob

The AI has to be ordered at least 5 days before sailing (although order asap) it has to be paid with the final cruise payment (if ordered before). The AI cannot be ordered onboard.

You should be alright with the baileys/coffee mix, Baileys is €4.70 and cofffee €1.30, but special coffees with spirits (2 cl) costs €4.70.

If we find a bar keeper where you can have a rapour with then we give hime some €s, then that little bit of extra service makes you feel great.

Ron

GiuliaG if you come across a lovely Indian Waiter called Rohan, please tell him I said hello and that Katharine and I got off the Concordia okay :-) he is lovely and full of helpful information on ports as well, he is in the restaurant that serves lunch and breakfast if you are not in there for dinner.

Michelle, absolutely, we will keep an eye out for him and let him know. I'm so glad to hear that you both made it off the Concordia, what a terrible disaster! I can't imagine what it was like for you to be on board. We were originally scheduled to sail on the Concordia on Feb 24; the Serena will be replacing that cruise. If you have any other tips for the Serena, please let me know. Thanks!

Have a great cruise, promise us you will come back and tell it "as it all is" and keep us informed of any new up today live info?

BON VOYAGE!!

Thank you! Yes I'll be sure to post a review after what I hope will be 11 wonderful nights (with all the drinks we can drink) on the Serena. :)

Archived