Segway tour in San Juan

sp29488

We are thinking of doing the segway tour in San Juan. I really want to do this but I'm wondering how hard it is. I know hubby would be able to, he's a fireman/police officer and is very authletic (sp?). I work out an hour a day. Cardio, kick boxing, strenght training. Can someone that's done this tell me how hard or difficult it is?

Can anyone tell me what company you are talking about or is it from the cruise ship?

I believe there is only 1 company in San Juan that does the segway tours. When I was there, Carnival didn't even offer the tour - not that I would have necessarily booked through them if I could.

Here is the link to the tour I took. Book the longer tour! Even that flies by too quickly.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=segway%20tour%20old%20san%20juan&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CC4QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.segwaytourspr.com%2F&ei=i2A4T8y3IrCMigKJoqFS&usg=AFQjCNFmnFgwF1UcX_KltiYKT19mXnwToQ&cad=rja

Oh, 1 other thing to note. I had my large travel purse with me, but I was not allowed to take it with me. I just put a few things in the built-in holder at the front of the segway. But then I had nothing to carry the items I took with me (when we left the segways at the entrance to the Fort, and walked through). I don't know if they would have allowed a fanny pack or backpack - can't remember. Pockets would be a good idea! I ended up having to carry my asthma inhaler & a few other things in my hands through the fort. This was after almost leaving the things in the segway pouch, they were true "valuables" to me & I'm glad I didn't take the chance of them not being there when I returned. It was very awkward though not having my hands free for part of the tour. We walked down a very very steep narrow winding stairway & I'm glad I did not trip. I would have liked to have been holding on to the rail for dear life - heights scare me.

I believe there is only 1 company in San Juan that does the segway tours. When I was there, Carnival didn't even offer the tour - not that I would have necessarily booked through them if I could.

Here is the link to the tour I took. Book the longer tour! Even that flies by too quickly.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=segway%20tour%20old%20san%20juan&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CC4QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.segwaytourspr.com%2F&ei=i2A4T8y3IrCMigKJoqFS&usg=AFQjCNFmnFgwF1UcX_KltiYKT19mXnwToQ&cad=rja

Oh, 1 other thing to note. I had my large travel purse with me, but I was not allowed to take it with me. I just put a few things in the built-in holder at the front of the segway. But then I had nothing to carry the items I took with me (when we left the segways at the entrance to the Fort, and walked through). I don't know if they would have allowed a fanny pack or backpack - can't remember. Pockets would be a good idea! I ended up having to carry my asthma inhaler & a few other things in my hands through the fort. This was after almost leaving the things in the segway pouch, they were true "valuables" to me & I'm glad I didn't take the chance of them not being there when I returned. It was very awkward though not having my hands free for part of the tour. We walked down a very very steep narrow winding stairway & I'm glad I did not trip. I would have liked to have been holding on to the rail for dear life - heights scare me.

Hubby will have his camera backpack. Will he be able to leave this on?

My husband and I will be on the March 31 sailing of Celebrity Eclipse. I think we will love the 2 hour segway tour. Should we book through Celebrity or on our own? What is the company's name and is it hard to locate on your own? We do not arrive in SJ until 3:00, is that too late for a segway tour?

Thanks,

Linda

My husband and I will be on the March 31 sailing of Celebrity Eclipse. I think we will love the 2 hour segway tour. Should we book through Celebrity or on our own? What is the company's name and is it hard to locate on your own? We do not arrive in SJ until 3:00, is that too late for a segway tour?

Thanks,

Linda

It's called Segway Tours of Puerto Rico. You can ask them - http://www.segwaytourspr.com/segwaytours_contactus.html

From their website the last tour starts at 3. If you could book through the ship maybe then they must have been able to work something out on the timing.

Because you are leaving from SJ in MAy, you won't have to worry about a time change. By then, the U.S. will be off daylight savings time. PR does not observe daylight savings so our East Coast time will match their time.

When I went on a cruise from there in January, had to set the watch ahead. On another cruise from there, this time in late March, no change was necessary

Thats great to know. We cruise in June and time change always confuses me.

Thanks for your reply. I did contact them and they said they had a contract with Celebrity so book through the ship. This is fine, I was just trying to save a little money. Their prices were about $20 less per person. Oh well!

Do they have to know you are on a cruise?

Did the 2 hour cruise last week.....enjoyed it even more than the first time 4 years ago!

Note: there are packs on the segways. I was able to put my 16 ounce water bottle in it along with a few other things from my pocket. They discourage backpacks because it can throw your balance off ever so slightly. The office is locked while everyone is on tour and we left some things there with no problem. Our tour began at 1:45 - instruction was until 2:30 and tour went from 2:30 to 4:30. There were 5 in our group, plus the guide Miguel. There were 6 in the other group and they were out until 4:45 (plan on 3 hour time element!)

The segway office is on Pier 2 (behind some shops and cafes). It was only a 10 minute walk from Pier 4 where our ship was docked.

Did the 2 hour cruise last week.....enjoyed it even more than the first time 4 years ago!

Note: there are packs on the segways. I was able to put my 16 ounce water bottle in it along with a few other things from my pocket. They discourage backpacks because it can throw your balance off ever so slightly. The office is locked while everyone is on tour and we left some things there with no problem. Our tour began at 1:45 - instruction was until 2:30 and tour went from 2:30 to 4:30. There were 5 in our group, plus the guide Miguel. There were 6 in the other group and they were out until 4:45 (plan on 3 hour time element!)

The segway office is on Pier 2 (behind some shops and cafes). It was only a 10 minute walk from Pier 4 where our ship was docked.

I'm a little confused and not really sure what to do. I e-mailed them and asked about dh wearing his camera backpack and me wearing my small backpack or waist pouch and they said it would be o.k. no balance issues there. Now I read that you said they told you not to. :confused: I know hubby will want his camera with him so I'm really confused here.

Archived