9 Day Bermuda on Explorer of the Seas

I was on this ship last year for a 5 day in early july. We had such a great time we booked the 9 day for this July. The ship had plenty to do and we didn't get to enjoy it all in such a short period. We didn't have a hard time getting chairs at the pool and it never seemed too crowded. Our daughter loved the kids program. It is an older ship but didn't see anything really worn.

Was there anything you wanted to know in particular?

Just came off the ship today.

I loved it; it was't too big or too small; it was the right size. I had a room on deck 9 and although it was nice and big (inside cabin) there was a rancid smell a good portion of the trip. I suspect it will be cleared out by that time though.

I was on this ship last year for a 5 day in early july. We had such a great time we booked the 9 day for this July. The ship had plenty to do and we didn't get to enjoy it all in such a short period. We didn't have a hard time getting chairs at the pool and it never seemed too crowded. Our daughter loved the kids program. It is an older ship but didn't see anything really worn.

Was there anything you wanted to know in particular?

I am not much for ship board activity, other than taking peoples money at the poker table :D.

I would like more info on the ports of calls and excursion at those ports.

I loved it; it was't too big or too small; it was the right size. I had a room on deck 9 and although it was nice and big (inside cabin) there was a rancid smell a good portion of the trip. I suspect it will be cleared out by that time though.

I have been reading the reviews on this ship and it seems the smell has been an issue for awhile.

can't tell you much about the ports as we haven't done the 9 day yet. We did do Bermuda last year, but only did a glass bottom boat. I was with my daughter and in-laws so we had young children.

We will have a 13 year in tow with us. We did a Carnival Cruise a few years ago and she did not like that kids club there. Of course she was "tweener" then. Was the food ok or just the usual cruise ship fare.

We did the 7 day New Years cruise on this ship and loved it! I wouldn't hesitate to book another cruise on Explorer. The convenience of leaving from NJ is wonderful. We did this itinerary on another ship and loved the ports!

We did a 9 day the past two years & are doing eleven next month. Love the ship & staff but can't help much with ports. We cruise to relax & like to stay onboard. When we do leave the ship, it's for a quick look around the port area & perhaps to pick up something we forgot & can't get onboard.

Which ports are you going to? The Explorer does a couple of itineraries.

We have been on the Explorer four times and have put up three extensive photo albums at my Webshots portal (see below). Even if you ignore many on-board activities, you can get a good idea of what the ship looks like, and I do have island photos sprinkled throught the albums.

We did the 9 night last May. My review is here.

We had a great time and would not hesitate to do it again.

Going in May, we got a HUGE price break from the June/July prices - not sure it would be worth what they were charging last July ($300-400 more per person than what we paid :eek:).

Port , Starboard ? Front, Mid ship or Aft?

Jimbo:)

Going in May, we got a HUGE price break from the June/July prices - not sure it would be worth what they were charging last July ($300-400 more per person than what we paid :eek:).

Well since we have a school aged child and my wife is a teacher we are very limited on when we can vacation. We would really like to do a Southern Caribbean cruise but they only run those in the fall winter when the wife and child are in school and holidays are a busy time for me. With airfare from where we live to Newark plus the cruise and excursion (if we do this cruise) will run us close to 7k.

Thanks for the reviews. I enjoyed it.

We have been on the Explorer four times and have put up three extensive photo albums at my Webshots portal (see below). Even if you ignore many on-board activities, you can get a good idea of what the ship looks like, and I do have island photos sprinkled throught the albums.

Thanks for link to your photos.

We did a 9 day the past two years & are doing eleven next month. Love the ship & staff but can't help much with ports. We cruise to relax & like to stay onboard. When we do leave the ship, it's for a quick look around the port area & perhaps to pick up something we forgot & can't get onboard.

Which ports are you going to? The Explorer does a couple of itineraries.

It will be the Bremuda, St Thomas, St Maarten and San Juan run.

Well since we have a school aged child and my wife is a teacher we are very limited on when we can vacation. We would really like to do a Southern Caribbean cruise but they only run those in the fall winter when the wife and child are in school and holidays are a busy time for me. With airfare from where we live to Newark plus the cruise and excursion (if we do this cruise) will run us close to 7k.

I'd also love doing a Southern Caribbean cruise but I haven't seen a flight to San Juan that seemed reasonable. The prices themselves for the S.Carb aren't bad at all.

Where are you flying from? It might be more cost effective to do a cruise out of another port if the price is better. You can always add a few nights stay on either end of a 7 day cruise to make it more affordable.

There's a 10 night in late August on the Explorer that is $900/per person (inside) but not sure if that will get you back too late to school starting. There's also a few 7 nights on the Freedom which is bigger than the Explorer out of Port Canaveral for only $800/per person (inside).

I'd also love doing a Southern Caribbean cruise but I haven't seen a flight to San Juan that seemed reasonable. The prices themselves for the S.Carb aren't bad at all.

Where are you flying from? It might be more cost effective to do a cruise out of another port if the price is better. You can always add a few nights stay on either end of a 7 day cruise to make it more affordable.

There's a 10 night in late August on the Explorer that is $900/per person (inside) but not sure if that will get you back too late to school starting. There's also a few 7 nights on the Freedom which is bigger than the Explorer out of Port Canaveral for only $800/per person (inside).

We will be flying out of Houston. $462 per person for airfare. My wife has to be back for workshops and such usually by the second week of August. She also faithfully attends her family reunion every year in July so that leaves June for us. We have did multiple land vacations in the western and much of the eastern caribbean already. I would love to dive this year so that is why I am looking at Bermuda and St Maarten. Dive two ports, spend two ports with the family.

The airfare to other ports is just about as much as flying to Newark. I smoke and my wife is slightly clausterphobic so an inside cabin will not work.

Thinking about booking this trip either June or July. Looking for views on this trip and views about the ship.

Did the 9 day EOS cruise in June.

Review with lots of pictures linked below in my sig if interested.

Archived