Vancouver hotel? Ramada???

Sandifer

I have been trying to book a room for a one night stay in Vancouver in early June post-cruise on Priceline, without much luck. I'm trying to be economical because we're spending so much on Alaska excursions. Finally, just to be sure I would have something, I've booked the Ramada Limited on Pender; however, after reading some reviews on Tripadvisor, etc. I'm not sure this is such a good choice. Any advice??? I posted this on the Canada board but didn't get any replies so I thought I would try here.

The Ramada on pender is located in an older part of the downtown core that is under going a rebirth. The area is generally safe - there are the usual panhandlers that seem to be a growth industry in Vancouver but for the most part they leave people alone. You are only a couple of blocks from the main shopping and entertainment area.

Years ago this hotel was called the Niagara and my uncle was the long time general manager of it - Ramada took it over a few years ago and spruced it up - doubt if they would have gone into an area if they deemed it unsafe.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Dennis

I would take the Ramada on Pender over the Comfort Inn for this reason - the Comfort Inn is located in the middle of the entertainment district and the bars are opened to 3AM - there are now something like 20 clubs and bars in about a three block area - so the area can be noisy especially on weekends - there is a nice Irish bar called Doolin's at the Comfort inn - while you can walk to the ship from the Ramada its a further 7 blocks up to the Comfort Inn - just a comment and I am sure that the other Vancouverites on these boards will probably add their two cents worth as well.

Cheers

Dennis

You might want to try Priceline and Hotwire one more time....they seemed to have opened up some new inventory recently...we have a precruise night (5/31) booked at the Hyatt months ago for $60/night....until a few days ago Hotwire was > $100/night for all 4* for that night, now the same properties are in the high $80's....and Priceline will usually go several $$ less than Priceline.

Good luck.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived