RCI cruiser thinking of trying Celebrity

IWORK2CRUISE

Hi,

We are Diamond on RCI and I understand that while sailing on Celebrity we are entitled to reciprocal Captains Club benefits.

Does this extend to pre-cruise planning? i.e. on RCI we would be entitled to approx $300 off on a 12 day cruise in a balcony cabin. Would we have the same benfit if booking Celebrity?

Thnk you!

We too are Diamond on RCI. Yes, the credits transfer, but you have to go on one Celebrity cruise to get the discounts on the price. However, you are afforded the Elite status while on board and as such, the amenities. We felt the specialty restaurants were better than RCI, and the atmosphere lovely. But, quite frankly, we were bored. We went on the Millenium (I will never set foot on that ship again) and the Eclipse which was lovely and delightful. We missed the shows, ice show, flowrider, activities, etc.

We recently returned from our first celebrity cruise and are also Diamond. We were not on the ship 1 hour when my husband had been won over. Everything is a step above RCI. We infact booked a TA sailing on the ship and cancelled a RCI TA we had booked. Never bored, however we ae not much for rock walls, or reef runners. We did think entertainment was very good and enjoyed extras not on RCI like Special Brunch and several events when alcohol was served. We are in our early 60's. Hope this helps

We are D+ on RCI and have 4 completed on =X=.

We have found that Celebrity's "S" ships are livelier then the older , smaller "M" ships, and have a better blend of activities somewhere between the smaller RC ships and the "M' ships.

If you need RC activities such as the ice rink and ice rink production numbers, the Promenade and Promenade parades, the flowiders, etc, then stick to RC. If you can live without them then try a Solstice class ship. We were bored out of our gourd on the Millenium and Galaxy and enjoyed the Solstice and Silhouette. We don't cruise for non-stop Spa activities and alternative restaurants every night.

Archived