Louis Cruise Lines

Guest Host Tink

We were on the Perla at the first of June, 2006. The ship was what we expected. It's an older ship so don't expect what you get on a new liner. Food wasn't bad and they did have some variety. We found the service to be great. Rooms were small but they were clean, bed was fine and the shower always had hot water. Managing your expectations is how you enjoy life ;)

• 7 months later...

Does anyone have any information on Louis' new ship the Ruby? It replaced the sunken Sea Diamond. I'll be on it beginning July 9 and would appreciate any input. This will be my first cruise.

Thanks!

Our group was on the first sailing of the Ruby under Louis Hellenic & though there was a bit of confusion. (the crew member showing me to my cabin had to ask directions from another member. :) The crew was lovely & the food was great! My room was on the bottom (Poseidon deck) & either I had very low expectations or the room was a little bit larger than I thought it would be! The only bad thing about the Ruby is we had some "Technical Difficulties" that seemed to be engine related as we were moving very slow after our first port. We were delayed getting into 3 ports and didn't really get back on schedule until we left Rhodes. (A shame too since the ports are what most cruise for!) Hopefully all the little quirks are worked out & if so you should have a beautiful time. The islands are fabulous!

Just returned from a trip that included a sailing on the ruby. we were on venus deck. ship was only running on one engine most of the time, had to ask for towels, BF was allergic to boat, lots of people w/him at ships doctor the second day with same problem. ship smelled like chemicals. food was good, not great but adequate. slow debarkations at ports unless you are part of one of their tours or a big group. I'd consider it a greyhound bus to the islands, not a "cruise" experience.

Archived