Moscato by the glass?

I've never tried the cupcake brand, but I've been eyeing the Red Velvet. I have to say I'm into more of the sweeter wines, can anyone give me a good recomendation? Please & thank you:)

We have tried the Red Velvet. We didn't care for it.

Ok if you either bring your own bottle or even buy one at dinner will they keep it for you untill the next night if you don't finish it. I only drink 1glass at dinner and prob cheaper buying by the bottle or can you even bring your own into dinner. And am I correct that if we are bringing on we carry it on with us we will be on victory in osj.

Back from our cruise and yes they did have Moscato but ran out. $7.50 a glass.

Favorite label at home is Luccio and it is under $10.00.

For the person asking about a sweet red wine I recommend Red Electra. Its hard to find sometimes but usually at wine & spirit stores for around $13.00.

The only luck I've had with sweet reds is from local wineries. Plaza Red by urban wine works (here in OKC) is good as well as their sweet symphony (very sweet white). I'm planning to take both bottles :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok if you either bring your own bottle or even buy one at dinner will they keep it for you untill the next night if you don't finish it. I only drink 1glass at dinner and prob cheaper buying by the bottle or can you even bring your own into dinner. And am I correct that if we are bringing on we carry it on with us we will be on victory in osj.

They will keep the wine for you until the next night, but be advised if you bring it to the dining room they will charge you a corkage fee on your bottle. You will carry it on with you, don't put it in your suitcase. 1 bottle per person, 21yo and over. Bring your own bottle opener, pour it in a glass and bring it with you to dinner or for a walk around the ship. Leave the bottle in your ice bucket in your room. The room stewards are very good about keeping things on ice.

Pat,

Thanks for your info. We have about 6 bottles of Moscato and we have only used it for after dinner. I am not a sweet wine drinker, and DH is not a wine drinker, but he has had a few glasses of Moscato and likes them. He also like Asti Spumante which we sometimes order on the ship, and he can, but really not be happy with Riesling.

I am a red wine drinker and now leaning towards the Pinot Noir instead of the Cabernet/Merlot, Merlot or Shiraz I am used to. I guess my tastes are changing. I like to drink wine with dinner, not after usually.

I saw this thread last week, and had no comment because I thought I had never tried this wine. After reading that it was a sweet wine at Olive Garden, I think maybe I did have it once and liked it, but didn't remember what it was.

So this evening, someone served me some moscato by Barefoot. It was awesome. I have never taken wine on a cruise before, but on my next cruise, I will probably take one bottle of this per adult!

Thanks for this thread!

Archived