Anytime Dining for 2...

singjenn

I have found several post regarding the Anytime Dining choice. We are going to try it this time because so many people posted that they loved it.

It's just the two of us.... If we ask for a table for two what are the odds we will get it?

Also, do you feel ruched or can you eat at your own pace?

Thanks y'all! :D

Be aware though that the tables for 2 on most ships, the tables are right up next to each other. Literally just 6 or so inches apart. We felt like we might as well been sitting at a table for 10 since there were 5 - 2 top tables in a row. We tried ATD a couple of times and found this to be true on each ship we tried it.

With traditional, the 2 tops are more separated and much more "private" (as private as you can be with hundreds of others in a huge room!)

We've never had much of a wait for a 2 top. Didn't actually request 1, but got 1 anyway. On the Legend, the 2 tops were not close together, but along the railing looking over to the MDR, at least that is where we were usually seated. We never felt rushed, the table is yours until you are finished eating & leave the dining room. We do find that it takes longer between courses. Happy dining.

Yes....I did hear that they are close together. I guess that's not a huge deal for us? I like eating with people I don't know if it's for the whole time we are there, but I don't like the times you have to choose from.

What are the more popular times?

On the first night on the Valor, I mistakenly asked for "a booth," thinking that I was getting a more private seating. Instead, I was taken to the row of 6 tables that were half-booth/half-chair... with each table being about 6-10 inches away from the next table.

On the second night, I was taken to the back half of the Dining Room, where there were lots of 2-tops, well separated from each other. In our waitress's section was an 8-round, and 9 2-tops that could be combined or left apart.

We liked the waitstaff (and the location) on the second night, so we just asked to be seated in her section. One night we had to wait a couple of minutes while they cleared a table... and one night they said it would be about a half-hour. I told them we'd wait, and they gave us a beeper, so we went back to the atrium to sit and listen to music.

We didn't wait at all the other nights.

We were on the Liberty recently and we had a table for 2 every night, just a few minutes wait but everyone had to wait that night. Seemed that sea days there are more people going to the MDR than on port days though, but we never had a problem getting a table for 2 nor did we specifically ask for one.

and one night they said it would be about a half-hour. I told them we'd wait, and they gave us a beeper, so we went back to the atrium to sit and listen to music.

Just to clarify this point: We could have been seated right away in another section. It was our choice to wait (and it ended up being less than 30 minutes).

That's the beauty of ATD - you dine when YOU want, and if you like a particular server, you can request that person. Yes there may be a bit of a wait between 6:30pm and 8pm (the most popular dining time) - to circumvent this, you will be given a pager, which works all over the ship.

For practically all of my 12 cruises, we have had ATD, and have never experienced any problems. Always got a seat with our favorite server, always had 4-5 star service, and if it takes a little bit longer, so be it.

My girlfriend and I had ATD on our first cruise last year and on the first night they asked if we wanted a table for 2 or if we wanted to be placed with others. Well, we were originally thinking that we were going to want to enjoy some peaceful romantic time but on a whim we said what the heck and decided to be social. Well, we ended up being placed with two other couples around the same age and we absolutely hit it off. We had dinner with them every night for the rest of the cruise and hung out with them afterwards at the shows and comedy shows. We still stay in contact and are trying to plan a vacation together again at some point. Moral of the story, don't throw out the idea of being seated with others. Worst case is you can just try again the next night or just go with the 2 top if you really didn't like it.

Yes....I did hear that they are close together. I guess that's not a huge deal for us? I like eating with people I don't know if it's for the whole time we are there, but I don't like the times you have to choose from.

What are the more popular times?

Most popular times we noticed were between 6:30-7:30...

I have found several post regarding the Anytime Dining choice. We are going to try it this time because so many people posted that they loved it.

It's just the two of us.... If we ask for a table for two what are the odds we will get it?

You can always get a table for just the two of you, so the odds of getting it are 100%. You might have to wait but with two tops that rarely happens. You can eat at any pace you want, so if you want to linger, no problem, if you want to rush that is doable too.

Plus you can have the same wait staff every night or switch around. It is much better than traditional dining.

Be aware though that the tables for 2 on most ships, the tables are right up next to each other. Literally just 6 or so inches apart. We felt like we might as well been sitting at a table for 10 since there were 5 - 2 top tables in a row. We tried ATD a couple of times and found this to be true on each ship we tried it.

With traditional, the 2 tops are more separated and much more "private" (as private as you can be with hundreds of others in a huge room!)

This depends on the ship. The tables are no where near each other on the Spirit class, nor on the fantasy class. On the Spirit class they are not even side by side but are along the balcony rail so you overlook the lower part of the dining room, or you are seated at a booth.

In our 3 cruises, we've only done Anytime Dining. We've only ever sat by ourselves. Sometimes at a table for 2, and a few times in a booth....again by ourselves. This is one reason we LOVE it because it's like going out to a nice restaraunt every night. We've never felt rushed but we also tend to eat on the late side.

And we've also only had one wait longer than 5 minutes.

We have had both types of dining and I have to say I love the Any Time Dining.

The first night we just sat by ourselves but on the second night I noticed on her computer the choice of alone or with others. After finding out we could ask to sit with others we did this every night.

It was great. We made so many new friends. We seem to run into people we had dined with all over.

We'll never sit alone again. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We got a table for two by a window in the Liberty no problem.

Thing is... The two person tables are about 3" away from the next 2 person table. Was ok with us as we are social and it ended up being us and two other couples eating in the same spot the whole cruise. Great folks. the service was fast and attentive but might be due to the fact we were early. We were among the first in every night and we could eat at our own pace. Never rushed.

Check my review page 2 in the link below for pics of the tables.

I figure that the waitstaff in the ATD dining room stands to make more money than in the traditional dining rooms. After all, they have a good chance of getting three sets of customers through in one evening, instead of only having 2 seatings.

We do ATD and always ask for a table for two. We experienced the "close" seating where you are just inches apart from other couples. We did not like that so we asked the next night for something more secluded and they obliged. We sat there every night after that, the staff was great at accomodating our request. The waiter was good and we ate at our own pace. On the plus side, we've never had to wait in line for ATD. We are big fans of ATD and would highly recommend that you try it:)

Archived