In a quandary

DD is 13 so pretty much anything teen is good for her. We were on the Conquest. All three of us thought the on board entertainment was on the cheesy side. I plan to spend all of my sea days and night at the poker table winning back the money I spent on the cruise. My poker winnings in the past years has paid for many vacations and dive trips.

The thing about Oasis is that DW is fairly claustrophobic and does not fair well in large crowds We have been to the Bahama's several times and the diving there is kinda poor. Thanks for your input.

I loved the Oasis, but the rooms are smaller than the rooms on the Freedom or Explorer. Personally I feel less traffic on the Freedom size ships. All three are bigger than the Conquest.

We went through the same thing as you. We have a school aged child too as well as many others here on CC. The financial decision is huge and can be difficult to make. We all work hard for our money and want to make the best choice.

We live in Texas, so we had to look at flying, hotels, meals, etc.

We chose the FOS for our 1st RC cruise. My DH kept telling me to book out of Galveston to keep cost down, but in the summer, RCI does not sail out of Galveston. We would have to do Carnival and it was not in my heart to do that.

Some of the little extra ways we got through are: Using credit card points. We had a Marriott GC from CC points. I think it was worth $100.00. We used that for the Marriott in Port Canaveral. We use Discover points to pay for one plane ride and we received a $100.00 Southwest Airline gift card in the mail one day (not signed???:confused:) So we applied that too. I got the RCI Visa and paid for the cruise with that and we got some on board credit.

I am looking to do another RCI cruise. My 11 yr old said he does not want to do another cruise unless our cats can come. He misses them

You wont go wrong! We picked FOS first because 1)it was less expensive than Oasis/Allure 2)I have been wanting to go on FOS since it was built 3) it is phenomenal ship

First I would like to thanks all those that replied to my post. You were all very helpful.

I tried, I mean really tried to give Royal Caribbean a try..but..... after I priced out the trips on Allure, Oasis, Freedom and Explorer I found I can do a 6 night then back to back for a 8 night on Carnival for the same price as a 7 or 9 night on Royal Caribbean. Maybe in a year or two when Royal Caribbean when it sails out of Galveston in the winter we can do RCI cruise.

Again, thanks to all for their help and input into all the threads I posted and questions I asked about RCI.

:)

RCI does said out of Galveston in the winter. The Mariner is now there. You will find that the prices when school is out is the same as FOS. I priced it for spring break this year and it will cost us the same and I cannot bring myself to do that in less than a year. I hope to do Mariner at some point too

RCI does said out of Galveston in the winter. The Mariner is now there. You will find that the prices when school is out is the same as FOS. I priced it for spring break this year and it will cost us the same and I cannot bring myself to do that in less than a year. I hope to do Mariner at some point too

I am a volunter medic for the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo so I am always tied for spring break. Since the wife is a teacher she can take a week off to take a crise and neither can our daughter. Maybe if RCCL places a ship year round in Galveston we could that. Till then I gotta go with the most bang for my bucks.

Archived