One Last Blu Question

Karen@Steve

Well, probably not but I've seen a few different answers inferred for this question so I thought I would ask directly. I'm still waiting :cool: on DH's schedule to book. Once I get a date I'll be looking to quickly get a good deal on whatever is available (I'm expecting a 2 to 3 week lead).

So, if we book Aqua Class we will have Blu as our main dining room. I've looked at the menu and while it looks okay, there are few things from the MDR menu that I would not want to miss. Can you order from the MDR menu while seated in Blu? Thanks everyone!

Well, probably not but I've seen a few different answers inferred for this question so I thought I would ask directly. I'm still waiting :cool: on DH's schedule to book. Once I get a date I'll be looking to quickly get a good deal on whatever is available (I'm expecting a 2 to 3 week lead).

So, if we book Aqua Class we will have Blu as our main dining room. I've looked at the menu and while it looks okay, there are few things from the MDR menu that I would not want to miss. Can you order from the MDR menu while seated in Blu? Thanks everyone!

Blu will be your assigned dining venue. Yes, you can request items from the MDR menu. You can also make special requests, but they generally want 24 hour notice.

Blu will be your assigned dining venue. Yes, you can request items from the MDR menu. You can also make special requests, but they generally want 24 hour notice.

They are positively discouraging any ordering from the MDR menu as it disrupts service not only for the guest ordering but more critically for other guests as they have to divert a member of staff to go to the other galley to collect the meal and try and time the dishes

Not saying you will not get the items, but be prepared for a decline depending on how fully booked your cruise is

They are positively discouraging any ordering from the MDR menu as it disrupts service not only for the guest ordering but more critically for other guests as they have to divert a member of staff to go to the other galley to collect the meal and try and time the dishes

Not saying you will not get the items, but be prepared for a decline depending on how fully booked your cruise is

You are correct. The OP simply asked if it could be done and the answer to that specific question is "yes". I did it once, but never again. My meal arrived cold as it had to be carried from the MDR to Blu. Much better to request a special order that would be prepared by the Blu Chef. They need 24 hours notice to do this. I've done this with wonderful results.

... Can you order from the MDR menu while seated in Blu? Thanks everyone!

During our Dec 12th cruise, we had no problem whatsoever. My DW had dietary restrictions/limitations ... it got to a point where we always perused the MDR menu before heading up to Blu so she did order from the MDR menu quite a number of times (NOT that they were not accommodating in changing up any of the menu items off Blu - they were fantastic in that area also). For myself, there were at least three evenings where I ordered a main entree off the MDR menu, twice as a second entree addition to the one I ordered from Blu :) ...

Overall though, I think it would tend to depend on who the wait staff are and how accommodating they will be ... or how polite you are etc ... One thing that cruising has shown us is that one's personal experiences sometimes doesn't translate to the same experience for someone else.

Have fun. Hope you enjoyed Blu as much as we did!

No problem ordering from MDR menu last month on the Silhouette. But I will say that we didn't think the food was as good. My husband is a confirmed carnivore but doesn't like lamb. One night when that was the meat of choice in Blu he ordered veal cordon bleu from the MDR. Big mistake. It was not very tender and overseasoned. I had a couple of the soups and found them to be too salty as well. And I also found the portions from the MDR to be too big. Some may not think that's a bad thing, I find that when portions are too big food either gets wasted or you clean your plate and get stuffed because that's what your mother always told you to do!

Ask your waiter for next night's menu and if you don't see something you like, ask for something else. Or ask for a different method of preparation if you prefeer something simpler. Food is made to order so reasonable requests can be accomodated.

There's also strip steak, grilled salmon and something called airline chicken breast always available. Not sure what the last one is, but hubby liked the steak.

Archived